These forums are archived

See this post for further info

get_iplayer forums

Forum archived. Posting disabled.

Percent complete greater than 100% and "non-existing SPS 0 referenced" error

user-583

This is not a high priority but using Version 2.95 and again 2.95.1 the program downloads fine but it seems to continue slightly beyond the 100% and its  given size even though the time remaining is shown as 0.00. Files are saved fine.
 I did notice - not sure of exact wording but here is a message in red "[h264 @ 0x7fb572007000] non-existing SPS 0 referenced in buffering period" It really is not a problem as I said downloads seem complete . Just interested .

Go easy on me as I am an old guy.

Thanks 

Les Price

user-2

In the future, don't paraphrase or truncate error messages. Someone else looking for an answer to the same question won't be able to find your prior post otherwise, which would be a waste of time for everyone.

As for your questions, see FAQ in GitHub wiki:

https://github.com/get-iplayer/get_iplayer/wiki/faq

user-583

I knew I shouldn't have raised this query - only to receive a curt reply and a lecture. One never knows on this site how to raise a query without be told off.  I would have preferred if you don't want answer the query to have not replied at all.
The only reason I truncated the error message was because it was not on the screen long enough for this old guy to read it !!!

You reply referred me  to a great long screed on FAQ's.
 I  should state that I have recorded programs on V 2.95 exactly as the same way in the past using the PID for the program without any problems.  As I stated the program records and plays fine but seems to slightly exceed download size and % is greater than 100.

It is not a problem - I was merely interested whether I had done anything obviously wrong.

Nevertheless I still believe that get_iplayer is a great program and the work done is very much appreciated.  However a bit loathe to ask questions on this site

user-30

The answer to your question is in the FAQ which is there to be read instead of answering common questions in threads on the forum. That's why you are referred there.

There is also a thread containing extensive instructions on how to report problems or questions on this site. It's linked in the forum homepage and in each forum listing.

Do try realise this isn't a chat forum, it exists to solve problems so conversations are short and to the point.

user-1140

Unfortunately I have to second this opinion. Not fully understanding how things work and have to follow the site with extreme caution, I made a comment some time ago trying to be friendly and got shot down in flames. I therefore will hopefully keep following the site and learn slowly and hope that I never need to ask what I would consider a sensible question.

user-2

@user-583: Wow - just wow. You made the classic mistake of turning the completely impersonal into something personal, though only in your own mind. You interpreted brevity - something that should be encouraged in forums - as being "curt", two sentences of instructions for future posts - meant to benefit the content of these forums - as a "lecture", and direction to the answers to your queries as being "told off". The cherry on top is when you referred to the FAQ list as a "great long screed", presumably meant to be a criticism, though quite how you could criticise the document that provided your answers is beyond me. I've got news for you - all FAQ lists are meant to be "great long screeds", so you need some new pejoratives. 

@user-1140: Spare us the hyperbole, bordering on falsehood. This wouldn't qualify as being "shot down in flames" for even the most delicate flower:

/thread-664.html

You reported something unrelated to the original issue, which I told you, then you failed to follow up with any further information - end of story. It happens all the time. How you could turn that into a personal affront is beyond me.

user-91

i agree with both mods here, all posters should always check out the FAQ before posting.

https://github.com/get-iplayer/get_iplayer/wiki/faq

i refer you to section 30 and 31 in the FAQ

just a quick tip for searching an webpage e.g. the FAQ page is to use the web browser search short cut function.

press ctrl and F buttons (at the same) then type keywords e.g. percent and then press enter/return button.

and your web browser should take you to the keywords you maybe looking for.

I find the mods very polite and helpful at all times.

These forums are archived

See this post for further info