These forums are archived

See this post for further info

get_iplayer forums

Forum archived. Posting disabled.

Search return partial results compare with iplayer website programs

user-1235

Hi All, I'm new here. Just found this brilliant tool to download BBC programs, trying solve a few puzzles. 

When I refresh the programs cache, and then search for a series programs by name, results only return partial of what available if go to iplayer website directly. For example, there are 20 listed in iplayer website, the search result only shows 8. Both Web PVR and Command Line are returning the same list. And the other programs which are not in the search result, still can be downloaded by PID or URL. 

Sometimes, the result has one or two programs which is not available if go to iplayer website directly, and of course they can't be downloaded. Refresh the programs cache, results are still the same. 

Please let me know if I missed anything, or pointing me to a guild article or something how can I get the proper programs list. 

Thanks in advance.

user-2

user-1235

Thanks for that. Understood.

And I guess there is no work around as there is no mentioning of it at all?

user-2

You can still download any available programme by PID or URL - it doesn't need to appear in search results.. Next release will have a 30-day programme index cache.

user-1235

(03-04-2016, 08:07 PM)https://github.com/get-iplayer/get_iplayer/wiki/faq

(03-04-2016, 08:18 PM)You can still download any available programme by PID or URL - it doesn't need to appear in search results.. Next release will have a 30-day programme index cache.

Thanks a lot for that. :)

user-721

(03-04-2016, 08:18 PM)You can still download any available programme by PID or URL - it doesn't need to appear in search results.. Next release will have a 30-day programme index cache.

Thanks very much for your Announcement alerting us to the new problems

I've been using URL method for ages now and just tried now (also tried just PID) and am getting this:

Quote:INFO: 1 Matching Programmes
WARNING: Could not download programme metadata from http:// /snip
ERROR: Failed to get version pid metadata from iplayer site

I tried a few and all return the same error.

Does your above quote mean you can still use the URL method today and my problem is at my end?

I'm using 2.94 and it worked perfectly the last time I used it on 1st April

Many thanks :o)

Just re-read your announcement and it post-dates your above quote. My bad. Please ignore

I'll try to find my way through the manual install of the development version but am in the old fart club so hopes not high lol

Thanks for all you do

user-2

Wrong thread. Go to:

/thread-693.html

These forums are archived

See this post for further info