These forums are archived

See this post for further info

get_iplayer forums

Forum archived. Posting disabled.

Some radio programmes won't record

Pages: 1 2 3 4

user-585

All computers will behave differently depending on the way they have been set up. In my case using Chrome, when it asks where I want to save the file and what I want to call it, I always type
Code:
get_iplayer.pl
and it seems to ignore fact it should add .txt and saves is as a .pl. There are also times though where it insists on adding .txt to the end of a filename whether I want it to or not. In that case you have to rename the file manually to the extension you wanted it to be.

But in your case you have ended up with
Code:
get_iplayer.pl.txt.txt
. You added your own trying to help it to save it how you wanted and it also added it's own to the end.

Looking at your screenshot it looks like you missed the word copy from the beginning of the last 2 commands.

user-30

Yep, @tvfan is correct on both counts, most importantly that you missed
Code:
copy
out of the commands. It's not an instruction to you to copy the text, it's a command you're telling the computer in order to make it copy a file. Copy and paste the exact commands I provided above, including the
Code:
copy
part and try again.

You should get a prompt asking if you're sure you want to overwrite. Write
Code:
yes
and hit enter and it should overwrite the old file with the new.

user-30

I'm closing this thread now, there are several repeats of the similar/same info and new visitors having trouble should start their own thread.
Pages: 1 2 3 4

These forums are archived

See this post for further info