if this clip can be saved http://www.bbc.co.uk/programmes/p00hhr50
i'd like to know the details, then.
Thank you VERY MUCH

user-2

Use the URL or the PID. See the recording section in the documentation:

https://squarepenguin.co.uk/wiki/documentation/

user-573

Yes, I understand.
Dear user-2, write the working pattern for me here.
It's easy to save daily programmes and I know how to do it,
audio clips don't.

user-30

Are you saying that recording an audio clip using the PID method is not working? Please paste the command you are using to make the recording.

user-573

get_iplayer --type=radio --pid=p00hhr50 --modes=best --raw

user-573

Code:

user-2

There is nothing wrong with that command. What is more likely to be a problem is that you're trying to access iPlayer from outside the UK, something for which we can't offer help. Unless you can identify a problem with get_iplayer itself, I'm going to close this thread.

user-573

Nothing wrong? You mean it's working and you get the file?

You wanted me to identify the problem, so
Connecting ...
INFO: Connected...
ERROR: rtmp server sent error
ERROR: rtmp server requested close
INFO: Command exit code 1 (raw code = 256)

user-2

Like I said, iPlayer isn't available outside the UK. And no, a VPN won't necessarily help. If you have reason to think something else is wrong, add
Code:
--verbose
to your command to see more detailed output from rtmpdump.

user-573

Let me ask you the straight question, then.
Answer yes or no.
Stop bubbling about outside or inside.
yOU (squarepenguin.co.uk) SEEm to be inside the U.K., right?
So is this string working?

user-573

Is this string working (inside the U.K.)?
Code:

user-2

"Bubbling", eh? Insults - however mild - will get you nowhere. I already told you there is nothing wrong with your command string. It works fine, just not for you, which I've already said is likely due to the fact you're outside the UK. Unless you can show otherwise and do more than accuse me of "bubbling", I'm closing this thread.

user-573

It seems to me that something's missing in here C:\Program Files (x86)\get_iplayer\get_iplayer.pl
for that matter
Code:
"media":[{"width":"","connection":[{"priority":"10","protocol":"rtmp","application":"ondemand","identifier":"mp4:secure/ibroadcast_audio/JonesA100-00058086-tuneyards_session_30secs_AAC.mp4","kind":"akamai","supplier":"akamai","href":"","server":"cp41752.edgefcs.net","authString":"auth=daEaUaNdZbyaUcCdWclcAb8aldjdPcXb7dG-bucCPI-bWG-HnuGBoAnLDvHvyD&aifp=v001&slist=secure/ibroadcast_audio/JonesA100-00058086-tuneyards_session_30secs_AAC.mp4","dpw":"","authExpires":"2014-09-05T16:07:12+00:00"}],"bitrate":"128","service":"ibroadcast_audio_pc","height":"","end":0,"kind":"audio","media_file_size":"","type":"audio/mp4","expires":"2038-01-01T00:00:00+00:00","start":0,"encoding":"aac"}],"result":"ok"} );

user-2

I have absolutely no idea what you're trying to say. You've posted the path to your get_iplayer Perl script and a chunk of JSON data that describes your programme's media stream. You haven't said where that data comes from, how you think it relates to get_iplayer - nothing. You think something is missing from that data, which implies you think you know what should be there, yet you make no mention of what it is.

user-573

Item #1
Code:
cp41752.edgefcs.net
and
Item #2
Code:
http://emp.bbci.co.uk/emp/releases/smp-flash/revisions/1.9.31/1.9.31_smp.swf
have to be pasted in
C:\Program Files (x86)\get_iplayer\get_iplayer.pl

user-573

I just keep trying to say this Perl script, get_iplayer.pl is outdated.
If, however, you are UK resident
it is a puzzle to me how you can get the file, JonesA100-00058086-tuneyards_session_30secs_AAC.mp4

user-2

For anyone else reading this: Those parameters do not have to be pasted into the get_iplayer script.

I have no idea where you think #1 should go, but hard-coding a media server could break downloading of catch-up programmes, and will certainly break some get_iplayer functionality. But if those parameters work better for you, by all means use them.

As for your script being outdated, maybe you don't have the latest version (2.86). Use
Code:
get_iplayer -V
to check.

user-573

I have the latest version (2.86).
You should not close this topic in case someone else could visit and check whether it is true or not.

user-30

I am in the UK. The command works fine and I am able to download the file without problem. You need to be in the UK to download iPlayer content, which you don't appear to be. That is the source of your problem.

user-573

glad to hear it from you and nice to meet you
would you please look into get_iplayer log and tell
which of the recording mode has been chosen for this?
Pages: 1 2

These forums are archived

See this post for further info