These forums are archived

See this post for further info

get_iplayer forums

Forum archived. Posting disabled.

--pid-recursive doesn't work for all non-CBBC/Cbeebies TV and radio series

user-2190

Here is an example of a show that no longer recursively downloads:
get_iplayer -pid=b006ww0v --pid-recursive

You probably already know this but I will throw it out anyways. You can get a list of episode pids here:
http://www.bbc.co.uk/programmes/b006ww0v/children.json

Json would be much easier to handle programmatically than parsing ever changing HTML.

user-2

Thanks for the report. This is due to another change at the BBC end. Will fix in next release. Anyone who can't wait: In the get_iplayer(.pl) script, find the string contains(@typeof,"Episode") and change it to contains(@class,"programme--episode"). There should only be one instance, on line 5026 in v3.14.

user-2133

Not just radio series - tv series too.

E.g. www.bbc.co.uk/programmes/b00qzk9r/episodes/player

user-2

Yep. Some TV series I tested earlier no longer work, so the changes must have now rolled out globally. The temporary fix is the same for TV and radio, though.

EDIT: --pid-recursive support for CBBC and CBeebies series still requires the fix from earlier thread

EDIT 2: Link to earlier thread was incorrect, now fixed.

user-2191

cheers for the hotfix user-2, works a treat:)

user-2190

This fix works. Thanks!

user-1386

(28-06-2018, 12:49 AM)Yep. Some TV series I tested earlier no longer work, so the changes must have now rolled out globally. The temporary fix is the same for TV and radio, though.

EDIT: --pid-recursive support for CBBC and CBeebies series still requires the fix from earlier thread

Been trying for ages to get the fix to work for CBeebies then realised your link to 'earlier thread' links back to this thread not to previous thread

i.e. thread 1805 not 1822

Should have spotted the other thread earlier, d'oh!

user-2

Thanks for spotting the error - now fixed.

user-1386

(04-07-2018, 12:45 PM)Thanks for spotting the error - now fixed.

Applied both fixes now and CBeebies works for me once again - Yeeharrrr!
Brilliant work as ever Dinky, thanks fellah

user-2

fixed in v3.15

user-2133

Happily downloading recursively again with v3.16.
Many thanks.

These forums are archived

See this post for further info