These forums are archived

See this post for further info

get_iplayer forums

Forum archived. Posting disabled.

Cache not updating on Debian

user-1964

since v3.06 my cache isn't being updated. No errors, just "0 programmes found".

I notice there's a MacOS report of this too, so am reporting as a more general issue ?

user-2

Post the output from these commands:
Code:
get_iplayer -V
perl -MIO::Socket::SSL -e 'print "$IO::Socket::SSL::VERSION\n";'
perl -MMojolicious -e 'print "$Mojolicious::VERSION\n";'

user-1964

I've done the same, and got the same output.

Code:
@DebServer64:~/Desk/usr/bin/get_iplayer -V                                         │
get_iplayer 3.06-ppa31a, Copyright (C) 2008-2010 Phil Lewis                                  │
 This program comes with ABSOLUTELY NO WARRANTY; for details use --warranty.                │
 This is free software, and you are welcome to redistribute it under certain                │
 conditions; use --conditions for details.                                                  │
                                                                                            │
@DebServer64:~/Desktop$ perl -MIO::Socket::SSL -e 'print "$IO::Socket::SSL::VERSION\n";'│
2.044                                                                                        │
@DebServer64:~/Desktop$ perl -MMojolicious -e 'print "$Mojolicious::VERSION\n";'        │
7.21                                                                                         │
@DebServer64:~/Desktop$ PERL5LIB="/usr/local/Cellar/get_iplayer/3.06_1/libexec/lib/perl5│
" perl -MIO::Socket::SSL -e 'print "$IO::Socket::SSL::VERSION\n";'                           │
2.044                                                                                        │
@DebServer64:~/Desktop$ PERL5LIB="/usr/local/Cellar/get_iplayer/3.06_1/libexec/lib/perl5│
" perl -MMojolicious -e 'print "$Mojolicious::VERSION\n";'                                   │

and then (snipped for brevity, but it's a list of programmes ending:

Code:
INFO: 170 matching programmes

Code:
@DebServer64:~/Desktop$ /usr/bin/get_iplayer --since 24 "daily politics"                │
get_iplayer 3.06-ppa31a, Copyright (C) 2008-2010 Phil Lewis                                  │
 This program comes with ABSOLUTELY NO WARRANTY; for details use --warranty.                │
 This is free software, and you are welcome to redistribute it under certain                │
 conditions; use --conditions for details.                                                  │
                                                                                            │
Matches:                                                                                     │
42:     Daily Politics - 30/10/2017, BBC Two, b09dh84c                                       │
INFO: 1 matching programmes

Code:
@DebServer64:~/Desktop$ /usr/bin/get_iplayer --prefs-show                               │
Options in '/home/xxxxx/.get_iplayer/options'                                                │
       nopurge = 1                                                                          │
       ffmpeg = /usr/local/bin/ffmpeg                                                       │
       output = /mnt/MediaRAID/Media_Files/Video/TV_Shows/iPlayer/

I first noticed a problem when I was trying to run the PVR for the second episode of "Gunpowder".

user-1964

Hope it's not breaking any forum rules, but I have posted updates in the macOS thread

/threa...ml#pid6917

as it seems to be the same issue ?????

user-2

Stop doing that. If you're using Debian, stay in this lane.

EDIT: I'll merge threads if warranted when I know what is going on.

user-1964

(30-10-2017, 03:25 PM)Stop doing that. If you're using Debian, stay in this lane.

OK, wrist slapped !

Code:
@DebServer64:~$ /usr/bin/get_iplayer -V
get_iplayer 3.06-ppa31a, Copyright (C) 2008-2010 Phil Lewis
 This program comes with ABSOLUTELY NO WARRANTY; for details use --warranty.
 This is free software, and you are welcome to redistribute it under certain
 conditions; use --conditions for details.

and

Code:
@DebServer64:~$ perl -MIO::Socket::SSL -e 'print "$IO::Socket::SSL::VERSION\n";'
@DebServer64:~$ perl -MMojolicious -e 'print "$Mojolicious::VERSION\n";'

user-2

I can't reproduce this behaviour. Temporarily rename your tv.cache file (see FAQ list for location) so that get_iplayer will repopulate it. Then, post the output from:
Code:
get_iplayer --refresh --search=bogus
followed by:
Code:
get_iplayer --list=channel

user-1964

Hang on ...

has the output changed between v3.01 and v3.06 ????

I have just run "Refresh Cache" from the WebPVR and got a message "102 programmes" added.

Previously there was an actual list of them (and it was the lack of this list which caused me to post) !

However, we are not out of the woods yet :) as now I get an error trying to run the PVR (new thread) ...

That's interesting ... the error I was getting last night has gone.

Are the BBC ****ing around their end ?????

user-1964

I have "Gunpowder" in my series list for the PVR, and E1 recorded fine.

However, now E2 isn't being picked up when I run the PVR, and doesn't appear in search ?

UPDATE: deleted cache, refreshed, and seems OK ...

user-2

(31-10-2017, 09:21 AM)has the output changed between v3.01 and v3.06 ????
They don't call them release notes for nothing,

user-2

Also: You may wish to run get_iplayer --cache-rebuild to restore older listings not picked up by --refresh.

user-1964

Thanks for that. Not sure how you upvote or like, but here's a +1 from me.

These forums are archived

See this post for further info