These forums are archived

See this post for further info

get_iplayer forums

Forum archived. Posting disabled.

Finding broken HLS downloads

user-1349

I've upgraded to v3 and now the webPVR has downloaded a number of series in HLSHD.
I understand a number of these streams have issues.

Is there any log for the webpvr that I can search to find video files with issues or a tool that I can scan the files with to search for any problems.

Otherwise I'll possibly need to change to HVFHD and download them again just to be sure (or watch everything on the double!)

user-2

Warning messages go to the browser in Web PVR. If you don't see the warning message referenced in Known Issues page, then you don't have that problem with hlshd. If you do, those downloads are immediately stopped - no MP4 file is produced for broken streams. The output in the browser would tell you which alternate stream was downloaded, and your MP4 file would thus be something other than 1280x720@25fps. There is nothing else to look for.

user-1349

Sorry, I had that wrong. I run Get iplayer through a cron job and it writes the log to the tmp folder, but this overwrites the log each time.

I think I'll need to try and find a tool to check the files or download the hvfhd files to be on the safe side.

user-2

In that case, if you have MediaInfo you could try mediainfo --Inform="Video;%Width%", If it doesn't return "1280", you'll know HD 25fps wasn't available.

user-1349

Ah, so it will automatically move to the next quality level down & the downloaded file should be fine, albeit not at the resolution I was expecting. In that case I'm not too bothered!!

note to self - read the release notes carefully hey!

user-1928

(08-05-2017, 09:53 AM)I've upgraded to v3 and now the webPVR has downloaded a number of series in HLSHD.
I understand a number of these streams have issues.

Resurrecting an old thread here by the looks of it - have you any more detail on those known problems with HLS streams? I'm trying to chase down an issue with bad judder / apparent out-of-order frames when playing back on certain devices:

/threa...-6690.html

Thanks,
Steve

user-2

The original issue was completely unrelated. Closing thread.

These forums are archived

See this post for further info