These forums are archived

See this post for further info

get_iplayer forums

Forum archived. Posting disabled.

get_iplayer on Windows 10 upgraded from Vista?

user-991

(continued from /thread-1255.html)

Although I'm not using Windows 10 yet, but that will change once I've got a new laptop & even a new tablet, from what I've read on other peoples posts that G.I.P. does work on Windows 10 & there is a person aleady using it on a Windows 10 tablet.
I'm sure that is you were to do a search on the forums here for Windows 10 you'll get some results of other peoples posts about Widows 10.

user-958

Thanks Mystic Merlin, that's good to know.
I bought a used Medion Erazer gaming laptop about 2 years ago running Win 8 now updated to Win 10 just to keep a foot hold in the Windows camp!
It's a much more powerful machine than I'm used to and now Vista is no longer supported, I'm going to have to get used to it. :(
Pleased to hear that Get iPlayer will run on it, I'll give it a try and search the forum for the experience of others.

user-991

No probs six-h.
To be honest, to have a machine more powerful than you think you'll need is not a bad thing. I remember years ago when I was in the process of buying computer parts to build my first P.C. & from the computer machines I was buying at the time basically said that whatever storage (hard drive) that you think you'll need., double it. Buy the biggest monitor you can afford & buy the fastest processor you can afford & buy as much RAM as you can afford. And even then you can still end up with not enough lol
So enjoy your powerful gaming machine & again to be honest you should be a lot better off without Vista. Although I've not used it I have read many years ago computer magazines reports about it & other people's comments. From what I had read & gathered is that Vista was the least liked Windows OS from Microsoft. I even persuaded a girl I got to know, who lived in Spain but is from this country (England), to upgrade her laptop to Windows 7 at the time because of what I had read about Vista & about Windows 7. I believe that Windows 10 has got better since it's initial release but because I've not used it yet I cannot comment personally but although a lot of Windows 7 users & even Windows XP users won't upgrade to Windows 10 I'd say that anybody on Vista would be a fool not to upgrade to any other version of Windows if not 10. So you'll be fine in the end using G.I.P. on Windows 10 six-h & I'm sure once you get used to Win10 you won't regret leaving Vista behind you.

user-958

Thanks Mystic Merlin, thought I'd entered "Alice Through the Looking Glass" for a while, since the link in my email notification of your post took me to my original thread which was marked "Closed" with the last post from me some days ago! :( 
I eventually saw the continuation link at the bottom!

Notice that the Beeb have broken GIP PVR, so I'll wait to install the next revision on my W10 machine once the clever guys here have made it all work nicely again! :D

These forums are archived

See this post for further info