get_iplayer forums

Full Version: Searching for & downloading older radio programmes
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I'm aware of the technical difficulties BBC has been experiencing, and I'm glad to see that things are getting better --I've successfully downloaded two recent episodes of Gardeners' Question Time.

I'd like to download older episodes, and I reckon that if the BBC GQT page lists a given programme as "over a year left to listen", I should be able to use get_iplayer to search for and then download it.

I've tried using get_iplayer with various search options, but so far can only get these two recent episodes to show up in the results.

I thought I'd read somewhere that I could search by PID, and I believe the PID is listed in the URL of that epidode's web page, but now I can't find that section of FAQ/Wiki/Guide.

I feel like I'm almost there but not quite --any suggestions, pointers to a FAQ or Guide section that I should go study, etc. would be very much appreciated.
Huh! This seemed to work:

<pre>
Code:
get_iplayer --type=radio --pid <pid number>
</pre>

I thought this would have just searched, but it downloaded the programme. Works for me : -)
If the programme episode is not available via the iPlayer or iPlayer Radio sites, you can't search for it since it won't be in the listings used by get_iplayer. For old episodes available only through a series web site, use the PID as mosaica instructed, or just use
Code:
get_iplayer --type radio <episode URL>