get_iplayer forums

Full Version: What information will be included in metadata tags?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I have recently installed get iplayer on Mac 10.12.3 using Homebrew along the way. I previoulsy used GIA and tend to only download radio programmes. 

With GIA, the download files included additional date such as programme description and episode number. With get iplayer I am only seeing the iplayer programme name and PID. This may be because I haven't completed the installation properly, but before going into this I would like better to understand the data/tags that would typically be associated with a downloaded file and I can't find an account of this anywhere - apologies if I have missed the obvious. Can anyone advise on this please?
Quote:I would like better to understand the data/tags that would typically be associated with a downloaded file and I can't find an account of this anywhere
Could you really not be bothered to read the wiki documentation? There is a document devoted solely to this.
(03-05-2017, 01:47 PM)dinky Wrote: [ -> ]
Quote:I would like better to understand the data/tags that would typically be associated with a downloaded file and I can't find an account of this anywhere
Could you really not be bothered to read the wiki documentation? There is a document devoted solely to this.

I did indeed read the wiki documentation on this topic, but as a new user found it a little unclear. It was not evident to me what type of data should be expected as standard and what was optional. Rather than working through the possible permutations in ignorance, I thought it sensible to request an overview from those more experienced. I have generally found this approach useful in forums and have often benefited from other users being willing and able to offer helpful and constructive advice. Thanks anyway for responding.
It's not variable. You get all the tags, or none of the tags.
(03-05-2017, 08:01 PM)dinky Wrote: [ -> ]It's not variable. You get all the tags, or none of the tags.
Most likely then a failing on my side. Will work through it again. Thanks for the confirmation.
A few tags are video-only, and a few others are podcast-only, but again, you don't a choice of which ones are applied.