These forums are archived

See this post for further info

get_iplayer forums

Forum archived. Posting disabled.

PVR Mode with BBC Three Recursive PIDs

user-1279

I've having some problems getting PVR mode to find episodes from recursive PIDs.

So- it works from the normal command line:

get_iplayer Output:

# get-iplayer  --info  --pid-recursive --pid=p040tlqx
get_iplayer 2.95-ppa23p7, Copyright (C) 2008-2010 Phil Lewis
  This program comes with ABSOLUTELY NO WARRANTY; for details use --warranty.
  This is free software, and you are welcome to redistribute it under certain
  conditions; use --conditions for details.

INFO: Series pid detected
INFO:    Series: 'Fleabag' (p040tlqx)
INFO:      Episode 'Episode 1' (p040trv9)
INFO:      Episode 'Episode 2' (p041fg83)
INFO:      Episode 'Episode 3' (p042khwn)
INFO:      Episode 'Episode 4' (p042y4d2)
INFO:      Episode 'Episode 5' (p043m68y)
INFO: Trying pid: p040trv9 using type: tv
INFO: Trying to stream pid using type tv
INFO: pid not found in tv cache
Matches:
INFO: File name prefix = Fleabag_-_1._Episode_1_p040trv9_iplayer        

I've created a PVR file:

get_iplayer Output:

#  get-iplayer --pvr-list

pvrsearch = Fleabag-recursive
    modes = hlsbest
    nopurge = 1
    output = /home/shared/TV/Comedy/
    pid = p040tlqx
    pidrecursive = 1

But it doesn't gather anything:

get_iplayer Output:

# get-iplayer --pvr-single Fleabag-recursive
get_iplayer 2.95-ppa23p7, Copyright (C) 2008-2010 Phil Lewis
  This program comes with ABSOLUTELY NO WARRANTY; for details use --warranty.
  This is free software, and you are welcome to redistribute it under certain
  conditions; use --conditions for details.

Running PVR Searches:
Fleabag-recursive

INFO: 0 Matching Programmes

My options are as follows:

get_iplayer Output:

# get-iplayer --prefs-show
Options in '/mnt/Prime_Disc/shared/TV/.get-iplayer/options'
    attempts = 20
    nopurge = 1
    exclude-channel = CBeebies,CBBC,BBC News,BBC Alba,Parliament,BBC Norfolk,BBC Radio Foyle,BBC Radio Ulster,BBC York,BBC Sussex,BBC Lancashire,BBC Radio Scotland,BBC Radio Nan Gaidheal,BBC Somerset,BBC WM,BBC Nottingham,BBC Radio Cymru,BBC Radio Wales,BBC Cambridge,BBC Cornwall,BBC Leeds,BBC Solent,BBC Suffolk,BBC Derby,BBC Guernsey,BBC Northampton,BBC Sheffield,BBC Merseyside,BBC York,BBC 5,BBC Radio 5,BBC Tees,BBC Kent,BBC Berkshire,BBC Bristol,BBC Jersey,BBC Oxford,BBC Shropshire,BBC Stoke,BBC Gloucestershire,BBC Cumbria,BBC Wiltshire,BBC Coventry,BBC Devon,BBC Leicester,BBC Surrey,BBC Humberside,BBC Norfolk,BBC Sussex,BBC Manchester,BBC Lincolnshire,BBC Wales,BBC Three Counties,BBC Hereford,BBC Asian,BBC Newcastle,BBC Essex,BBC 1xtra
    refresh-exclude = CBeebies,CBBC,BBC News,BBC Alba,Parliament,BBC Norfolk,BBC Radio Foyle,BBC Radio Ulster,BBC York,BBC Sussex,BBC Lancashire,BBC Radio Scotland,BBC Radio Nan Gaidheal,BBC Somerset,BBC WM,BBC Nottingham,BBC Radio Cymru,BBC Radio Wales,BBC Cambridge,BBC Cornwall,BBC Leeds,BBC Solent,BBC Suffolk,BBC Derby,BBC Guernsey,BBC Northampton,BBC Sheffield,BBC Merseyside,BBC York,BBC 5,BBC Radio 5,BBC Tees,BBC Kent,BBC Berkshire,BBC Bristol,BBC Jersey,BBC Oxford,BBC Shropshire,BBC Stoke,BBC Gloucestershire,BBC Cumbria,BBC Wiltshire,BBC Coventry,BBC Devon,BBC Leicester,BBC Surrey,BBC Humberside,BBC Norfolk,BBC Sussex,BBC Manchester,BBC Lincolnshire,BBC Wales,BBC Three Counties,BBC Hereford,BBC Asian,BBC Newcastle,BBC Essex,BBC 1xtra

Thanks for looking at this.

user-2

Normal PVR jobs are geared to work off search results, not PIDs. A PID isn't considered a search term in a PVR job, so you get no results. Use --pvr-queue instead of --pvr-add  to create a one-off PVR job for a PID. But, the only reason to put a recursive download in a PVR job is if you plan to schedule a PVR run at some time you won't be around do the download manually. Recursive downloads are meant to be run as one-offs from the command line. The idea is that recursive downloads are for one-off catch-ups with past episodes, while normal PVR jobs are for download of future episodes.  BBC Three programmes are a special case since they will never appear in search results, so you have to download them individually (or recursively for a complete series).

user-1279

Thank-you Dinky,

My use-case is really for series that are occasionally quietly "repeated" on BBC3 ("like Him and Her"). I would like to be able to "set and forget" a PVR entry for them. Because they don't show up in the listings, normal "search0" type searches won't find them- I had hoped pidrecursive might. (This unofficial source implies that it used to work: - http://lists.infradead.org/pipermail/get...08000.html ).

Thanks to your explanation, I'll try making an occasional cron job that rattles through some hoped-for repeats.

Regards.

user-2

(11-08-2016, 08:58 AM)(This unofficial source implies that it used to work: - http://lists.infradead.org/pipermail/get...08000.html ).
That never worked. get_iplayer really shouldn't even allow that. I'll fix that in a future release.

user-1279

Maybe, the --pvr-add command should fail when the rest of the parameters (like --pid-recursive) don't make sense in a PVR context.

Thanks once again for the get-iplayer system and for your tireless work in these forums. Much appreciated.

user-2

On second thought, I decided to just implement support in next release for --pid and --pid-recursive with --pvr-add so that these corner cases are covered.

user-1320

I've just tried this with version 2.97 on Windows, but it's not finding any results when the pvr is run.

Code:
get_iplayer --pvr-add class --pid=p048h1kr --pid-recursive

Am I doing anything wrong?

user-2

I removed it from 2.97, which was an unanticipated bug fix release. It's back in the development version.

user-1415

Do you have an ETA on this? I would also find ot very useful. I'm currently having to download Class via showrss.info and  qbittorrent.

These forums are archived

See this post for further info