These forums are archived

See this post for further info

get_iplayer forums

Forum archived. Posting disabled.

Olympics red button

user-1364

get_iplayer v2.94. 
Hi Trying to download Olympic Gymnastics - Artistic - Women's Qualification - Sunday morning via the pid method but it's not working.
http://www.bbc.co.uk/iplayer/episode/p04...ay-morning using p04221lv as the pid. 
I have used command line: get_iplayer --pid p04221lv or get_iplayer --pid=p04221lv and also tried the url method with no success.
I successfully downloaded Glastonbury programs using the same method so can't see where I'm going wrong.
Thanks

user-585

Have a read of this topic /thread-982.html.

Red button and web only content from the Olympics is available in a limited number of recording modes.

As you can see from the log that you posted, there are no flash streams available for that event. The error message suggests using hls modes instead. However, there are some pretty major problems with those at the moment.

To download this you will need to use one of the hvf download modes but you need to update to version 2.95 of get_iplayer first. hvf modes are not supported in 2.94.

user-1364

Updated to version 2.95.2 and success.
Tried the hvfhd mode first but after realizing the file size would be 10GB I cancelled that and restarted using hvfsd.
I guess the lesson here is to keep an eye out for new release's.
Thanks very much

These forums are archived

See this post for further info