These forums are archived

See this post for further info

get_iplayer forums

Forum archived. Posting disabled.

loss of audio on conversion of video when using mode hvf

user-1146

Hi

Problem with loss of audio on conversion of video when using mode hfv.

This is using the latest get_iplayer on linux mint ( which has worked to perfection).

this is the get_iplayer command I use for this video (which is womens weightlifting finals)

get_iplayer -o tb1/bbc --pid=p041zhvf --mode=hvfhd

note: player will not accept 'hls' or 'flash' type modes for this pid.

download and conversion completes without any errors (no missing segment problem),
but final video has an empty audio stream.

However, if I copy the downloaded stream before conversion (i.e. the partial.ts file), it has the audio - vlc media player:
'media info' shows audio data for pre converted video (.ts file) but an empty audio stream for converted file (.mp4).

Is there a way of 'turning off' the conversion in get_iplayer ?
since I have no problem converting /playing the .ts produced before converting.

thanks in advance.

Showman.

user-763

user-1146

(07-08-2016, 09:41 PM)Look up --raw in the wiki guide https://squarepenguin.co.uk/wiki/options...ng-options

rock'n'roll ! 

many thanks errfnt

user-2

Works fine here. I strongly suspect you have a obsolete or broken version of ffmpeg or avconv. You didn't provide the diagnostic information we need, so there is no point in speculating further.

user-2

If you're not on Mint 18, avconv is almost certainly your problem. You were warned about this in the release notes.

user-1146

Yes I am on Mint 17.3 on my desktop.

Will be installing Mint 18 on laptop this weekend, so hopefully should be sorted.

Much appreciated.

Showman

user-1146

Dinky you are spot on.

installed Mint 18 on a friends pc two weeks ago. Went over and used get_iplayer with mode hvfhd
on the same pid's that I had downloaded.

Works perfectly !

putting mint 18 on my laptop now.

many thanks.

Showman.

These forums are archived

See this post for further info