These forums are archived

See this post for further info

get_iplayer forums

Forum archived. Posting disabled.

Record live radio error

user-323

Hi, I've just started using the excellent get_iplayer web PVR manager and it's working well for 'non-live' programmes.

There's one local radio programme I need to record live, as otherwise I can only get it in mono (unless anyone knows of another way??!)

The show is 'Jeff Barker's Rock & Roll party' on various BBC local stations, but I intend to record from Radio Jersey, as I think it's the only one with a stereo feed. Is there any way to analyse radio streams to see which are stereo?

I tried a test recording today from Radio 2 and kept getting the following after 5 minutes or so:

"ERROR: RTMP_ReadPacket, failed to read RTMP packet header
Download complete
ffmpeg version 1.2 Copyright (c) 2000-2013 the FFmpeg developers
built on Mar 28 2013 00:28:48 with gcc 4.8.0 (GCC)
configuration: --enable-gpl --enable-version3 --disable-w32threads --enable-avisynth --enable-bzlib --enable-fontconfig --enable-frei0r --enable-gnutls --enable-libass --enable-libbluray --enable-libcaca --enable-libfreetype --enable-libgsm --enable-libilbc --enable-libmp3lame --enable-libopencore-amrnb --enable-libopencore-amrwb --enable-libopenjpeg --enable-libopus --enable-librtmp --enable-libschroedinger --enable-libsoxr --enable-libspeex --enable-libtheora --enable-libtwolame --enable-libvo-aacenc --enable-libvo-amrwbenc --enable-libvorbis --enable-libvpx --enable-libx264 --enable-libxavs --enable-libxvid --enable-zlib
libavutil 52. 18.100 / 52. 18.100
libavcodec 54. 92.100 / 54. 92.100
libavformat 54. 63.104 / 54. 63.104
libavdevice 54. 3.103 / 54. 3.103
libavfilter 3. 42.103 / 3. 42.103
libswscale 2. 2.100 / 2. 2.100
libswresample 0. 17.102 / 0. 17.102
libpostproc 52. 2.100 / 52. 2.100
[flv @ 02e23ea0] Stream discovered after head already parsed
[flv @ 02e23ea0] Unsupported audio codec (d)
[flv @ 02e23ea0] max_analyze_duration 5000000 reached at 5014000 microseconds
[flv @ 02e23ea0] Could not find codec parameters for stream 1 (Audio: none ([13][0][0][0] / 0x000D), 11025 Hz, mono): unknown codec
Consider increasing the value for the 'analyzeduration' and 'probesize' options
Input #0, flv, from 'C:\Users\rich\Desktop\iPlayer Recordings\BBC_Radio_2_live_2014-01-12_163323.partial.m4a.flv'"

I'm also getting an error with vlc web plugin when I try to play any live TV or radio via web PVR. The error came up once, the first time I tried to play a channel, since then I just get a vlc icon in the middle of the browser window, but no audio (or video when I try TV channels).

A 3rd error I regularly get is in the screenshot attached - not sure if this is related.

Just to let you know, I have visual impairment, so using CLI is pretty much beyond me, unless it's a one-off and the instructions are aimed as if to a 5 yr old ;-)

Many thanks in advance,
Richard.

user-2

I don't think any local radio stations have stereo streams available to get_iplayer. Radio Jersey doesn't appear to be in stereo.

As for the rtmpdump errors, the first thing to try is a different build of rtmpdump. Download this archive:

Code:
https://github.com/K-S-V/Scripts/releases/download/v2.4/rtmpdump-2.4.zip

then back up and replace this file:

Code:
C:\Program Files\get_iplayer\RTMPDump\rtmpdump.exe

with the rtmpdump.exe in the archive you downloaded. If you get markedly better results, reply here to let me know. I'm considering rolling that newer version of rtmpdump into the get_iplayer installer, but I need some more feedback from Windows users.

If streaming isn't working, the VLC plugin probably won't show you anything. Did you install the plugin yourself? The get_iplayer installer doesn't install the VLC browser plugin. If you haven't already installed it yourself, I suggest you first uninstall the version of VLC installed with get_iplayer and do a separate VLC installation. Run the get_iplayer uninstaller and make sure that VLC is the only component selected for removal. Then download VLC from its main site and do a full install, including the browser plugin. VLC is essentially unused by get_iplayer but it is still retained as a convenience for users who wish to play back downloaded files that Windows Media Player can't handle.

The error in your screenshot is a more extreme manifestation of the error noted in the get_iplayer log. Sometimes things get so screwed up that rtmpdump crashes completely.

These forums are archived

See this post for further info