These forums are archived

See this post for further info

get_iplayer forums

Forum archived. Posting disabled.

Partial Recording

user-991

Hi Rinky Dinky lol
I've not upgraded to the latest version yet & my urgent question is not about that but thanks to the people involved in developing it although I don't know what the benefits of getting the latest version is yet.
Now because of trying to download a Wimbledon programme of 540mins last night & probably about 80% finished I had an interruption on the Net connection but when it came to retry I got the usual file corrupt message & so I've got an incomplete file of 4.8GB. As you can appreciate the time it takes to download the whole file again & that's why I need the syntax for downloading the bit I haven't got from the time point of 07hr:35min:35secs until the end which should be 08:58:50. I've actually done this last year sometime but I've lost the syntax for it & I've looked on the documentation & I cannot find it.
So can someone enlighten me & I've got until 20:30pm tonight before the programme is not.
Thanks for your help & advice whatever it is in advance.
I forgot to say how I record/download my programmes. I use the CLI & the URL as this:-
get_iplayer --url http://www.bbc.co.uk/iplayer/episode/b07...y-1-part-1

user-2

Not that it will help you now, but the answer you sought can be found in the options page in the wiki.

user-991

Thanks for that Dinky,
It will still be useful to me because it will happen again like it has done for hundreds of Gigabytes I've lost already.

user-1328

Note to Self : Remember to move/rename the original half recording so as not to write over with the new recording...

damn...

These forums are archived

See this post for further info