These forums are archived

See this post for further info

get_iplayer forums

Forum archived. Posting disabled.

WARNING: Conversion failed

user-1344

Greetings all .. get- player has suddenly stopped working as in the conversion to mp4 fails leaving a 'streaming' file ending in 'original.partial.mp4.ts' .. as in the following example:
--

$get_iplayer --get 915

$INFO: Recorded: 552.39MB in 00:05:00 at 15084kbps to file.pw_original.partial.mp4.ts

$INFO: Begin converting file: file.pw_original.partial.mp4.ts

$[h264 @ 0x1ec0ea0] non-existing SPS 0 referenced in buffering period

$[mp4 @ 0x1f0f620] Application provided invalid, non monotonically increasing dts to muxer in stream 1: 1 >= 1

$av_interleaved_write_frame(): Invalid argument

$INFO: Command exit code 1 (raw code = 256)

$WARNING: Conversion failed - retaining file.pw_original.partial.mp4.ts
--

Curiously enough file.pw_original.partial.mp4.ts can be converted to mp4 using the following bash script, that I copied off the Internet:

#!/bin/bash
for f in *.ts;
    do
    fname="${f%.*}"
    rm out.mkv 2> /dev/null
    ffmpeg -fix_sub_duration -i "$f" -codec copy -map 0 out.mkv
    ffmpeg -fix_sub_duration -i out.mkv -scodec mov_text -acodec copy -vcodec copy "$fname"
done

--

user-2

Your post is missing some information necessary to answer your query. See the instructions for a list.

user-1344

get_iplayer version: 2.95
operating system: manjaro 4.4.13-1

$get_iplayer --get 1551 --verbose > get_iplayer_log

http://pastebin.com/82nec7GD

user-2

Thanks. However, you didn't capture stderr along with stdout, as shown in the instructions, so the error messages and other output are missing.

user-1344

get_iplayer --get 738 --verbose > log.txt 2>&1

http://pastebin.com/aXyNqdwn

user-2

Thanks. Use ffmpeg instead of avconv. get_iplayer gives preference to avconv (if present) as a way of accommodating Debian/Ubuntu users who had libav inflicted on them by their distro maintainers. Debian/Ubuntu are cleaning up that mess, but it still affects users of older LTS releases. Arch and its derivatives didn't go that route, so you should have ffmpeg packaged for Manjaro. Your libav build appears to have a problem with BBC files that was not present in the last libav release, probably because that problem was only fixed in the release branch. As a rule, just don't use avconv/libav with get_iplayer. If you're forced to keep avconv on your system for some reason, you'll have to figure out how to run it side-by-side with ffmpeg. In that event, use the --ffmpeg option to configure get_iplayer to use the proper ffmpeg instead of avconv.

user-1344

Thanks for the responce, I'll now go and read the manual :)

These forums are archived

See this post for further info