These forums are archived

See this post for further info

get_iplayer forums

Forum archived. Posting disabled.

PVR searches not running

user-1042

Hello,

Since updating from 2.94 to 2.96-dev, PVR doesn't seem to work any more. Running PVR via the web interface or by command  line produces an empty response, as if no pvr searches have been added.

The following screenshots show the issues. (1) Adding a PVR search via the web interface seems to add a correct PVR search string.  (2) Now running PVR however creates an empty response, instead of listing the PVR search name i.e. _Midnight_News_name_radio. It seem nothing is search for and consequently nothing is downloaded.

(3) A manual search reveals 16 programmes are available and can manually be downloaded via the interface or command line.

These are my pref settings:

get_iplayer Output:

$ get_iplayer --prefs-show
Options in '/home/jr/.get_iplayer/options'
    subdir = 1
    search = (type|all)
    outputtv = /home/jr/iplayer-tv
    subdirformat = <nameshort>
    outputradio = /home/jr/iplayer-radio
    type = radio

What I am missing? What is issue here?

Many thanks! :)

Cheers, John

user-30

Is there a specific reason you are running the development version?

It's not 'supported' as such and things are expected to break so I'm not sure there would be a quick solution other than to use the standard 2.95 version which has just been released.

user-2

As SP politely alluded to, and I have clearly stated, no support for any development version of get_iplayer will be provided, not by me at least, so take that into consideration before posting any future queries.

However, your problem has nothing to do with using the development version. You have simply messed up your preferences. This entry will break your PVR searches, so remove it and all should be well:

search (type|all)

user-1042

(12-07-2016, 02:40 PM)As SP politely alluded to, and I have clearly stated, no support for any development version of get_iplayer will be provided, not by me at least, so take that into consideration before posting any future queries.

However, your problem has nothing to do with using the development version. You have simply messed up your preferences. This entry will break your PVR searches, so remove it and all should be well:

search (type|all)

Many thanks! I have reverted to the stable version and will try this fix now.

Cheers, John

user-30

No problem.

I see you added the output of --prefs-show.

Dinky's given you the answer above, remove the following:

search (type|all)

...and all should be well.

user-1042

OK, thanks! It works now. :)

These forums are archived

See this post for further info