These forums are archived

See this post for further info

get_iplayer forums

Forum archived. Posting disabled.

Anyone else having audio sync issues?

user-1336

Before I start digging further, is anyone else experiencing small but noticeable audio-video sync issues?

From what I can tell this has only just started happening.

I'm seeing it across multiple "Wimbledon Today" episodes, running get_iplayer v2.95 in best/default mode.

Below is output from the fetching the program.

Just curious if this is a known problem, before doing more research across programs and formats.

Is "WARNING: Larger timestamp than 24-bit" a red herring?

Code:
Matches:
3802: Today at Wimbledon: 2016 - Day 9 Highlights, BBC Two, , default

INFO: 1 Matching Programmes
INFO: Checking existence of original version
INFO: flashhd1,flashvhigh1,flashvhigh2,flashhigh1,flashhigh2,flashstd1,flashstd2,flashlow1,flashlow2 modes will be tried for version original
INFO: Trying flashhd1 mode to record tv: Today at Wimbledon: 2016 - Day 9 Highlights
INFO: File name prefix = Today_at_Wimbledon_2016_-_Day_9_Highlights_b07k0dp6_original                 
INFO: Begin recording file: /mnt/store0/Downloads/Today_at_Wimbledon_2016_-_Day_9_Highlights_b07k0dp6_original.mp4
RTMPDump v2.4
(c) 2010 Andrej Stepanchuk, Howard Chu, The Flvstreamer Team; license: GPL
Connecting ...
INFO: Connected...
Starting download at: 0.000 kB
INFO: Metadata:
INFO:   duration              3544.44
INFO:   moovPosition          36.00
INFO:   width                 1280.00
INFO:   height                720.00
INFO:   videocodecid          avc1
INFO:   audiocodecid          mp4a
INFO:   avcprofile            100.00
INFO:   avclevel              41.00
INFO:   aacaot                2.00
INFO:   videoframerate        25.00
INFO:   audiosamplerate       48000.00
INFO:   audiochannels         2.00
INFO: trackinfo:
INFO:   length                88611000.00
INFO:   timescale             25000.00
INFO:   language              und
INFO: sampledescription:
INFO:   sampletype            avc1
INFO:   length                170132480.00
INFO:   timescale             48000.00
INFO:   language              und
INFO: sampledescription:
INFO:   sampletype            mp4a
###################################################################################################
WARNING: Larger timestamp than 24-bit: 0xffffffbe
Download complete
INFO: Begin converting file: /mnt/store0/Downloads/Today_at_Wimbledon_2016_-_Day_9_Highlights_b07k0dp6_original.partial.mp4.flv
New tv programme: 'Today at Wimbledon: 2016 - Day 9 Highlights', 'Highlights of day eight from Wimbledon with action from the women's quarter-finals.'
INFO: Converted file: /mnt/store0/Downloads/Today_at_Wimbledon_2016_-_Day_9_Highlights_b07k0dp6_original.partial.mp4
INFO: Recorded file: /mnt/store0/Downloads/Today_at_Wimbledon_2016_-_Day_9_Highlights_b07k0dp6_original.mp4

user-2

You are not running get_iplayer 2.95, so update and try again. And before you post again: Read. The. Instructions. Because you clipped your output, nobody else could easily determine you are not running 2.95. The title of the programme you're downloading doesn't match the PID, which suggests something was wrong upstream (now apparently corrected), but without seeing the command you ran or the verbose log output, nobody else will have a clue what you're doing. You didn't even bother to say what platform and OS you're using. There appears to be nothing wrong with the source programme, so sync issues may stem from using an underpowered system like a Raspberry Pi, but there is no way for anyone else to know what system you have if you don't say. You also don't give any measure of how much the audio and video are out of sync, or where in the programme the lag begins to appear, or what media player you used. Nobody can attempt to duplicate your results if they don't know what to look for.
Quote:Is "WARNING: Larger timestamp than 24-bit" a red herring?
That is a harmless, but annoying, bug in recent versions of rtmpdump. It won't appear on all systems.

Moving this thread to Linux forum.

user-359

I am running on a Rpi 2 (quad core) and while I never had problems with 2.94, I too notice audio sync issues with 2.95. TBH even a Rpi 1 will work and to MKV under 2.94 without issue, so I think it is something in the update. I will try and get a log file next time and post it for you to see.

I always download to .MKV format, but with 2.95 it fails to delete the .MP4 file after conversion. This means I get a .TS file, converted to MP4, then the .TS file is deleted and the .MP4 is converted to .MKV (but not deleting the mp4 original file). So in the end I have 2 files, one .MP4 and one .MKV.... Is there a command I can append to delete the .MP4 files?

These forums are archived

See this post for further info