These forums are archived

See this post for further info

get_iplayer forums

Forum archived. Posting disabled.

Can someone give me the Development Version?

user-1316

I'm on Windows and I've no idea how to download the latest get_iPlayer Windows development version. Does anyone have a download of it and can you share it with me please. Thanks

I need the latest version so I can download in 50fps.

user-585

Have a look at this wiki page: https://squarepenguin.co.uk/wiki/gipdev/

user-1316

Thanks but I'm aware of that. I don't understand what it's talking about. That's why I'm asking if someone has a development version they can send to me please.

user-30

If you don't understand it then it's probably best to not use it. That's not supposed to be an elitist sentiment, but you need to have the ability to safely follow the instructions if you are to use the development version.

There is no easy one click installer like the general release. If you want to install the development version you'll need to follow the instructions as @tvfan linked.

Those are the instructions for installing it, no one's holding anything back from you, you just need to understand and follow them if you want to use it.

If you want to press on, you'll need to get up to speed with git at the least and you can start that at the link below:

https://git-scm.com/book/en/v2

I suppose you could download and replace the core script without git but again - you'd need to fully understand what you are doing and there aren't any instructions written up for that.

user-1316

Any idea when the next non-development version will be released?

user-250

I tried installing the dev version on windows yesterday, and it as simple as the guide. I used curl.

get_iplayer 2.95-dev, Copyright (C) 2008-2010 Phil Lewis
This program comes with ABSOLUTELY NO WARRANTY; for details use --warranty.
This is free software, and you are welcome to redistribute it under certain
conditions; use --conditions for details.

These forums are archived

See this post for further info