These forums are archived

See this post for further info

get_iplayer forums

Forum archived. Posting disabled.

Glastonbury - Audio only

user-1326

Hi there, does anyone know a way of ripping just the audio from a Glastonbury video?  I have tried using the --aactomp3 extension after the PID but it downloads as video.  Could be a syntax issue, or maybe I'm missing something, or maybe it just isn't possible to convert video to audio with this tool.
Any ideas?
Thank you!

user-2

As the documentation tells you, --aactomp3 is only applied to radio programmes. You will need to use one of the many available media converter utilities to rip the audio from a TV programme after download. If you use a command-line converter like ffmpeg, you could automatically invoke it with --command, but that hardly seems worth the bother for a one-off.

user-1326

Thanks Dinky, I'll get a media converter utility as you suggest.

user-1328

Freemake.com do a video converter and an audio converter, I used the Video converter to change a Youtube vid of a mates gig to MP3. Very simple, no bells and whistles, but does the basic job fine.

user-1026

If you download the video, then you can use ffmpeg or even mp4box to losslessly extract the aac audio. The best audio is contained within the 50fps video and is usually 125kbps aac. The 25fps video is usually 93kbps.

To download the 50vps videos you'll need the 2.95dev version and select the hvfhd1 mode:
--modes=hvfhd1

user-2

get_iplayer 2.95 has already been released. There is no more 2.95-dev.

user-1026

(06-07-2016, 12:17 PM)get_iplayer 2.95 has already been released.  There is no more 2.95-dev.

Yup, I realised that after I posted this. 

Thanks for all your hard work user-2

These forums are archived

See this post for further info