These forums are archived

See this post for further info

get_iplayer forums

Forum archived. Posting disabled.

glastonbury adele

user-1323

if someone could please help me download glastonburys adele set which is in part 3 in the  iplayer list, id be grateful

I want the hd version but I just cant get it to download, please help me

user-30

What have you tired so far? Have you read the guide in the link in the top bar? That guide literally tells you EXACTLY how to download a programme.

user-1323

im trying everything, using pids, links the normal way, cant get it to download the james set either

user-30

Give me an example of the command you are trying. Actually, give me all the ones you've tried. I'll be able to see if something is wrong with them.

user-1323

Matches:
624: Glastonbury: 2016 - Saturday Part 3 - including Adele, BBC Two England,
, default

INFO: 1 Matching Programmes
INFO: Checking existence of default version
INFO: No specified modes () available for this programme with version 'default'
INFO: Try using --modes=flashhd,flashhigh,flashlow,flashstd,flashvhigh,hlshd,hls
high,hlslow,hlsstd,hlsvhigh,subtitles
INFO: Checking existence of original version
INFO: No specified modes () available for this programme with version 'original'

INFO: Try using --modes=flashhd,flashhigh,flashlow,flashstd,flashvhigh,hlshd,hls
ERROR: Failed to record 'Glastonbury: 2016 - Saturday Part 3 - including Adele (
b07jcgc3)'

C:\Program Files (x86)\get_iplayer>

user-30

Ok, you've given the output but you haven't given the command you tried to download with. Let's see all the actual commands you tried.

user-1323

sorry bud its take me ages to get the dam things im typing in to copy and paste

C:\Program Files (x86)\get_iplayer>get_iplayer --mode=best http://www.bbc.co.uk/
iplayer/episode/b07jcgc3/glastonbury-2016-saturday-part-3-including-adele

C:\Program Files (x86)\get_iplayer>get_iplayer --modes=best --get 624

tired these too
good
better
best
flashhd
flashvhigh
flashhigh
flashstd
flashnormal
flashlow

user-30

The first one is nothing like what the guides says to do (and contains mistakes) and the second is the Index number for part 1, not part 3.

Go and actually read the guide.

Actually read it. Specifically the 'The PID method' part in section 2.

Use the PID method to download the correct part by identifying the PID from the iPlayer URL.

How to do this is explained step by step with examples in the guide.

Read it.

user-1323

get_iplayer --pid=b07jcgc3

that's what I used earlier aswell, getting the same errors

user-30

And what do you get if you try that command now?

user-1323

C:\Program Files (x86)\get_iplayer>get_iplayer --pid=b07jcgc3
get_iplayer v2.94, Copyright (C) 2008-2010 Phil Lewis
This program comes with ABSOLUTELY NO WARRANTY; for details use --warranty.
This is free software, and you are welcome to redistribute it under certain
conditions; use --conditions for details.

INFO Trying to stream pid using type tv
INFO: pid found in cache
Matches:
624: Glastonbury: 2016 - Saturday Part 3 - including Adele, BBC Two England,
, default

INFO: 1 Matching Programmes
INFO: Checking existence of default version
INFO: No specified modes () available for this programme with version 'default'
INFO: Checking existence of original version
INFO: No specified modes () available for this programme with version 'original'

ERROR: Failed to record 'Glastonbury: 2016 - Saturday Part 3 - including Adele (
b07jcgc3)'

buddy, its downloading now using hlsvhigh, ill read the guide more as I want this in the best quality I possibly can

user-1323

thanks for helping me matey now doing adele at hlshd

cant wait for the coldplay set later tonight, thank you again!

user-30

Good. Well done for working through the modes yourself.

You can also try adding a 1 to the end of the flash modes like --modes=flashhd1 which should attempt to get the file from a different CDN, which can sometimes sort issues where default modes are missing.

IMPORTANT NOTE

As this particular programme is way over 4GB you might run into further issues with downloading the whole thing or with converting the file at the end. My download managed to complete pretty much OK but if you have any further troubles then come back here.

user-1323

mate im downloading now as we speak also streaming it as it downloads in wmp clasic on a 50 ich plasma, blasting it through my 5.1 system, gona edit the adele set out in prem pro later on tonight

I went on utube to see if anyone had uploaded the adele set as I couldn't watch it last night, and couldn't find it, jumped on to google to see what the way was to download from iplayer for a permanent copy, found info about this program, first time using it and it dam well rocks once you get the hang of it, hope your going to enjoy coldplay later on tonight.

my only wish was bbc had it in 1080p at a even higher bitrate.

user-585

The Adele set is not available on its own yet but should be soon http://www.bbc.co.uk/programmes/p03ybdky

Also if you stick with hlshd you shouldn't have problems with the 4gb limit.

user-1323

thanks for chipping in tvfan

These forums are archived

See this post for further info