These forums are archived

See this post for further info

get_iplayer forums

Forum archived. Posting disabled.

mplayer file not found at installation

user-312

Running setup (my first, what luck, eh?) I get the following error in the MPlayer install:

get_iplayer Setup
---------------------------
Download failed: http://sourceforge.net/projects/mplayerw...z/download

Error: File Not Found (404)

Do you wish to try again?

... It seems from sourceforge thnat there is a new version dated 2014-01-01 - has this caused the Windows install to fail (previously pointing at old version?).

Comments?

user-310

same here - stopped working so tried to reinstall and get the same problem

user-312

It seems that version r36348 has been superseded by r36563 - if I install MPlayer separately (using the missing file link), does anyone know how I can do so such that it can be found by Get Iplayer?

Failing that, can someone record the Afternoon Drama on the Polgar Sisters (id = 10118) for me before it expires in the next few minutes?

user-310

think we might try and download it in stand alone form from your link above - will let you know if get iplayer can find it :)

user-30

get_iplayer's install directory is: C:\Program Files (x86)\get_iplayer

There should be a directory in there called 'MPlayer'. Extract the contents of the 'stand alone' download to that MPlayer directory.

If that MPlayer directory isn't present, create it and place the extracted mplayer-svn-36563 directory inside the MPlayer one.

That should be enough to get it working for you...hopefully.

user-312

Thanks - that worked fine.

For repeats, I took the download, mplayer-svn-36563.7z, from http://sourceforge.net/projects/mplayerw...er/r36563/ and when I expanded the files, did so into the location described by Square Penguin (C:\Program Files\get_iplayer\MPlayer\mplayer-svn-36563). You may need the 7-zip utility for the extraction (that is, pkzip etc. might not do the business).

user-2

The MPlayer developer moved the archive file configured for use by the get_iplayer installer. The link has been updated, so run the installer again and it should download MPlayer as before. Thanks for the heads-up.

These forums are archived

See this post for further info