These forums are archived

See this post for further info

get_iplayer forums

Forum archived. Posting disabled.

Downloads now all mp3.flv suddenly

user-287

I just changed my default download folder to be the 'automatically add to itunes' folder on my Win7 machine. All had been fine before but now my downloads are being saved as .mp3.flv files. I have the aactomp3 setting active in my configuration. I've reset that and reinstalled the program but to no avail.

Help!

user-2

Short answer: Don't do that. If iTunes is running, it will be in contention with get_iplayer for access to the various versions of each programme created in the output directory during downloading, re-muxing, and tagging. It's better to move the final output file when it's complete. You can use
Code:
--command
to automate that, but it generally only works reliably as a file move within the same filesystem (i.e., no copying involved).

The fact that you're left with a .mp3.flv file means something interfered with get_iplayer and prevented the download from completing. There are several ways things can go awry when iTunes is running. If you want to show what goes wrong in your case, use
Code:
--verbose
and attach the output from get_iplayer.

user-287

Thanks for that

What's the syntax for the copy please? I've tried

Code:
get_iplayer --prefs-add -c"move c:\users\...download\*.mp3 c:\users\ ...automatically add to iTunes"

but I get a syntax error.

user-2

You need to quote the paths since they may contain spaces. You should also use the
Code:
<filename>
substitution parameter to make it more general-purpose. You will no doubt want to move more than just MP3 files at some point. The angle brackets require special handling on Windows, and don't put spaces before or after them.

Code:
get_iplayer --prefs-add --command "move \""<filename>"\" \"%USERPROFILE%\Music\iTunes\iTunes Media\Automatically Add to iTunes\""

user-287

Absolutely grateful. Working fine thank you.

These forums are archived

See this post for further info