These forums are archived

See this post for further info

get_iplayer forums

Forum archived. Posting disabled.

Can't locate object method "new" via package "Streamer::"

user-1281

OS is Windows 10 x64. I was using the 2.95 dev version of get_iplayer, downloaded from git a couple of days ago. First couple of downloads completed without any problem, the third failed - looks from the messages as though there might have been an interruption to my Internet connection, but the last line on the console seems to indicate an internal problem caused by the interruption:

INFO: Begin recording file: D:\Users\Nick\Videos\iplayer\Peaky_Blinders-s03e02-Episode_2-b07bksbb.partial.mp4.ts
Recording:   420.42MB / 992.83MB   985kbps  42.3% 01:19:22 remaining
ERROR: Failed to download segment (144) http://cp401489-vh.akamaihd.net/i/iplaye...44_2_av.ts
INFO: Recorded: 421.27MB in 00:59:21 at   969kbps to D:\Users\Nick\Videos\iplayer\Peaky_Blinders-s03e02-Episode_2-b07bksbb.partial.mp4.ts
WARNING: Retry recording for 'Peaky Blinders: Series 3 - 2. Episode 2 (b07bksbb)'
INFO: File name prefix = Peaky_Blinders-s03e02-Episode_2-b07bksbb
Can't locate object method "new" via package "Streamer::" (perhaps you forgot to load "Streamer::"?) at get_iplayer.pl line 8982.

user-2

It looks like less an interruption and more of a long grinding to a halt. 421.27MB in 00:59:21 is only about half realtime. The output you posted doesn't provide enough information to speculate on if or how that error message may be related to the interruption. The error indicates some kind of corruption to internal data structures, but it's probably not something that can be duplicated. But more to the point, you appear to be using get_iplayer outside the UK, so I'm afraid we can't help you further - see forum rules. Thread closed.

These forums are archived

See this post for further info