These forums are archived

See this post for further info

get_iplayer forums

Forum archived. Posting disabled.

URGENT HELP PLSE

user-271

Hi

Total newbie here and not too pc literate.

I am desperate to get a copy of this prog and failing. The clock is ticking with only 3 days remaining. Here is the url: http://www.bbc.co.uk/iplayer/episode/b03...ather_Low/

Here is the errors in my failed attempts:

Recording The Following Programmes

http://www.bbc.co.uk/iplayer/episode/b03...ather_Low/ - - (http://www.bbc.co.uk/iplayer/episode/b03...ather_Low/)

INFO: Episode-only pid detected
INFO: Trying pid: b03k74ms using type: tv
INFO Trying to stream pid using type tv
INFO: pid found in cache
Matches:
1069: They Sold a Million: Series 2 - 1. Andy Fairweather Low, BBC One, Arts,Arts Culture & the Media,Factual,Life Stories,TV,Wales, default

INFO: 1 Matching Programmes
INFO: Checking existence of default version
INFO: flashvhigh1,flashvhigh2,flashhigh1,flashhigh2,flashstd1,flashstd2,flashlow1,flashlow2 modes will be tried for version default
INFO: Trying flashvhigh1 mode to record tv: They Sold a Million: Series 2 - 1. Andy Fairweather Low
WARNING: Required rtmpdump does not exist - cannot download Flash audio/video
INFO: skipping flashvhigh1 mode
INFO: Trying flashvhigh2 mode to record tv: They Sold a Million: Series 2 - 1. Andy Fairweather Low
INFO: skipping flashvhigh2 mode
INFO: Trying flashhigh1 mode to record tv: They Sold a Million: Series 2 - 1. Andy Fairweather Low
INFO: skipping flashhigh1 mode
INFO: Trying flashhigh2 mode to record tv: They Sold a Million: Series 2 - 1. Andy Fairweather Low
INFO: skipping flashhigh2 mode
INFO: Trying flashstd1 mode to record tv: They Sold a Million: Series 2 - 1. Andy Fairweather Low
INFO: skipping flashstd1 mode
INFO: Trying flashstd2 mode to record tv: They Sold a Million: Series 2 - 1. Andy Fairweather Low
INFO: skipping flashstd2 mode
INFO: Trying flashlow1 mode to record tv: They Sold a Million: Series 2 - 1. Andy Fairweather Low
INFO: skipping flashlow1 mode
INFO: Trying flashlow2 mode to record tv: They Sold a Million: Series 2 - 1. Andy Fairweather Low
INFO: skipping flashlow2 mode
ERROR: Failed to record 'They Sold a Million: Series 2 - 1. Andy Fairweather Low (b03k74ms)'
Recording complete

Any advice on how to overcome my problem is greatly appreciated and I will persevere and thoroughly read the help pages but meantime because of my urgency if any one could record this and send to me I am willing to pay for their trouble.

Many thanks.

user-30

Relax. You said you have 3 days.

Anyway, the error message you included suggests you do not have RTMPdump installed. This might point to a failed installation of get_iplayer and it's dependencies.

I would recommend that you uninstall your current version of get_iplayer and reinstall it and ALL the various dependencies (additional programmes) that are required. You can find the installer on the download page here:

https://squarepenguin.co.uk/guides/windo...all-guide/

The installer will automatically install all the required additional programmes. Do NOT untick any of those additional programmes during the install process, even if you have something like VLC installed already.

If this error continues after a clean reinstall then there could be something interfering with RTMPdump and we can begin to investigate that.

user-271

Many thanks for your prompt response. The panic is off :)

Before I got your mail I read on here about someones similar issue with the RTMPdump and thought I would try the same thing that worked for him, which I did. Before I read your advice to include all the dependencies tho I had begun the install and only ticked for the install and the dump. Pleased to say tho that I have an almost perfect copy of my vid which hopefully I will have for posterity so it has turned out good for me as is.

Thanks again.

These forums are archived

See this post for further info