These forums are archived

See this post for further info

get_iplayer forums

Forum archived. Posting disabled.

Recording Future/Past Series

user-262

Hello everyone,

I'm sorry if this question seems naive, but I'm new to Get_iPlayer and can't work this one out. I'm using the Windows version and it generally works well.

If I use the Search Tab to look through Radio 4/Radio 4 Extra programmes, for example, I see "News_Quiz_Series_60" listed.

If I add this to my PVR Record list, it duly downloads Series 60, no problem.

If, in the future I wish to download Series 61, or repeats of Series 58, 59 etc, is it possible to change the search string to the equivalent of News_Quiz_*.*" - in other words, ask it to download any episode of "News_Quiz" which appears on iPlayer.

If it is, where do I find the list file.

Hope I've explained myself properly - thanks in anticipation

f

user-2

You just need to use "News Quiz" (without quotes) in the Search field. By default, get_iplayer performs a sub-string match, so any programme with "News Quiz" anywhere in its series name will be included in the results. I'm assuming that you also have "Name" selected in the Search in field, with "BBC TV" unchecked and "BBC Radio" checked in Programme type. Run the search to make sure it works, then click Add Search to PVR.

user-262

@user-2

Many thanks for your prompt reply - it was so prompt, I was out!

That worked perfectly - if I understand it correctly I just need "_News_Quiz_name" (and possibly "_radio") in my PVR list, and that will download all instances of "News Quiz".

Very clever - thank you very much.

foussais

user-2

If you did as I suggested, the Web PVR should automatically name the pvr job "News_Quiz_name_radio". But don't rely on just the job name - it can be changed. Make sure the options in the pvr job are OK. They will be if the search results were correct before you created the pvr job.

These forums are archived

See this post for further info