These forums are archived

See this post for further info

get_iplayer forums

Forum archived. Posting disabled.

Shorter programme replaced but still being recorded.

user-1256

Hello.
An edition of Top Of The Pops was first made available on iplayer with the ending cut short, missing out the last minute.
After several notifications the iplayer team has now replaced it with the full edition.
However, when taking the PID code from the website address of the amended edition, Get i_player  still records the shorter edition instead of the full replacement.
The edition is over 7 days old so I've used the PID code along with --overwrite to download the programme.

user-2

Let's start with the obvious: If you don't identify the exact programme episode, there is nothing we can do to help.

user-1256

Certainly.
It's the 23/07/1981 edition.

user-30

If you want people to help you then make it easy for them.

I'm frequently flabbergasted by the quality of bug reports that wind there way up here. You're literally talking to the person (Dinky) who writes the code and maintains the programme. Do you understand how rare that is nowadays when product support is fronted by legions of clueless customer service robots, (if it even exists at all)?

Start by reading this:

http://www.chiark.greenend.org.uk/~sgtatham/bugs.html

Then maybe tell us the exact command you are using would allow us to try that command on our machines and see if the problem can be replicated.

user-1256

"Get_iplayer --pid b075f6my --force --overwrite"

user-30

If you look up the info on the PID using get_iplayer --pid b075f6my --info then you will be able to see there are several versions.

Assuming that the most recently changed version is the 'correct' version that replaces the 34 minute programme, you can see that 'editorial' is the version you need to download.

To select a version of a programme to download, you use the --versions flag.

A complete command would be:

get_iplayer --pid b075f6my --versions=editorial --force --overwrite

These forums are archived

See this post for further info