These forums are archived

See this post for further info

get_iplayer forums

Forum archived. Posting disabled.

changed aac to mp3 but want to go back?

user-747

hi can anyone help, last week i decided to change my normal radio download to Mp3 because all the files i have in my Itunes are mp3,  however the quality is not that great or does not seem to be so i wish to change back

to change in the first place i used --aactomp3

what do i use to go back??

thanks

user-730

Why not just remove --aactomp3 from the options you enter?

e.g. get_iplayer --type=radio --pid=somepid

user-747

what does that do?

that was a global setting i put in, now everyone is an MP3 ,  I need to swap it back????

user-730

"that was a global setting i put in" - well, why did you not say so in your original post?

I would simply use a text editor to remove aactomp3 from the options file.

user-747

i did,  thats what --aactomp3 does.

i will look at the file to see if i can edit it out, cheers

nope cannot see what file to edit? :-(

done it, found the file in my user folder and edited the whole line out.

cheers

user-30

get_iplayer --prefs-del --aactomp3

Use that ^

(assuming you used get_iplayer --prefs-add --aactomp3 to add it in the first place).

user-747

cheers,   useful to know for future reference.  however having listened to the resulting mp3 vs the Mpeg 4 file,  the Mpeg 4 file sounds miles better than the Mp3.  glad i removed it.      But will probably need to download the odd Mp3 in the future as a one off but not change the global options.

user-743

I find it easiest to download everything as m4a, then convert that to mp3 if I need to - e.g. for an MP3 Cd to use in the car.

user-1026

whilst lossy transcoding is rarely recommended, converting these 320kbps M4A/AAC files to MP3 using LAME -V0 results is a great quality audio nonetheless.

These forums are archived

See this post for further info