These forums are archived

See this post for further info

get_iplayer forums

Forum archived. Posting disabled.

TV quality lower than previously?

user-1251

Hi all

I have noticed that since about 1 April downloaded files seem smaller (ie. lower quality) than I have been experiencing up until the end of March.

I always use --modes=best in my request. I have found that programs in a series episodes 1 to 4 downloaded (before 1 April) at about 1Gigabyte but episodes 5 and 6 (recorded after 1 April) came through at only about 180Kb. I then recorded another program from a different series and had a similar result. On checking the BBC website all are available there in HD.

Just wondering if anyone else experiencing the same issue? If so then maybe BBC has change something in their coding?

Many thanks in advance.

user-2

Since you didn't bother to identify the programmes you tried, there is no way for anyone else to attempt to reproduce your results.

user-1251

Thanks for the response. I have since tried again one of the programmes that I had an issue with (Undercover E1). This time it has recorded at just over 1Gb. I do know that I originally requested "best" quality so whatever was the issue seems to have resolved itself. The other programme I had issues with was Follow the Money E5 and 6.

I did not initially specify the programmes as I wanted to find out if anyone else had had the same effect irrespective of the programme.

Many thanks for your assistance.

These forums are archived

See this post for further info