These forums are archived

See this post for further info

get_iplayer forums

Forum archived. Posting disabled.

Downloads not completing on USB Drive!

user-1214

I've changed download location from my PC H/D, to my USB attached to my router.
Some downloads complete fine, about 30%.

But most of them are incomplete, i'm getting this error...
[color=#ffffff]WARNING: Failed to tag MP4 file[/color]
Progress: ==================================================> 91% -----|
 Finished writing to temp file.
Unable to write to a directory lacking write permission.INFO: Command exit code 255 (raw code = 65280)
WARNING: Failed to tag MP4 file
Recording complete

any help appreciated.

[color=#ffffff][size=small][font=verdana, sans-serif]Recording comple[/font][/size][/color]

user-2

In general, it's not a good idea to configure your output directory on a network drive.  Remember that every file is pushed back and forth across the wire 5 times by default. When your drive or system can't keep up, you will encounter problems like this with ffmpeg during re-muxing and with AtomicParsley during tagging. Either download to internal HD and move the finished files (can be automated with --command), or use --raw to skip re-muxing and tagging. The latter may still have glitches since a slow drive can cause problems for rtmpdump as well.

user-1214

Thank you for your reply. Sounds very interesting!

So i'll change the default download folder back to the pc, and could you kindly provide an example of exactly how i could use "-- command" to then move my files after completion, or maybe a link. Would it go into the PVR as default setting, or would i change it individually in each PVR listing?
Thank you.

user-2

See examples page in wiki for custom commands. You can set a different command for each pvr job.

user-2

Also, you wouldn't want to set a global value for --command in preferences unless you were absolutely sure that every download, no matter how it is invoked, should be copied to your external drive. If that isn't the case, you could make use of presets to treat pvr and ad hoc downloads differently.

These forums are archived

See this post for further info