These forums are archived

See this post for further info

get_iplayer forums

Forum archived. Posting disabled.

error -please set localfilesdirs

user-1215

Hi I keep getting this issue with local files on linux mint. I have no idea how to solve this.. Please help. I use this in woindows without any issues, the same command works great on my W10 box..

~ $ get_iplayer --type=all daft-punk-unchained
get_iplayer 2.94-2-g52a2c12-ppa23p4, Copyright (C) 2008-2010 Phil Lewis
  This program comes with ABSOLUTELY NO WARRANTY; for details use --warranty.
  This is free software, and you are welcome to redistribute it under certain
  conditions; use --conditions for details.

ERROR: Please set --localfilesdirs to point to your collection if using the 'localfiles' plugin
ERROR: Errors encountered when retrieving localfiles programmes - skipping

INFO: 0 Matching Programmes

user-1215

Ok after a bit of digging I found the localfiles.plugin file and moved it out of the plugin dir, so it seems to run fine now, but I can't help wondering if I need this plugin, and if I do what should I do to fix it?

user-2

You definitely don't need it, especially if you don't know what it is. And lest you be tempted to experiment, be advised that the localfiles programme type is scheduled for removal. The error message was generated because you used --type=all, which includes the localfiles programme type. In general, avoid --type=all. It too is scheduled for removal. For now, it's enough to do what you have done and remove the the localfiles.plugin file. It will be removed in the next release, anyway.

user-1215

Thanks so much for your reply. I appreciate your help. had to use -- type=all because it wasn't picking up the programme I wanted and I have no idea how to work out what type of programme it was, so I went for the lot...
In windows it picked it up straight away without using the --type=all command. I'm not sure what I was doing wrong for it not to work in linuxmint..

user-2

Programme type had nothing to do with it. Your search string contained hyphens that don't exist in the programme name, so there is no way it would return any results.

user-1215

Thanks cheers. All working nicely now.

These forums are archived

See this post for further info