These forums are archived

See this post for further info

get_iplayer forums

Forum archived. Posting disabled.

Incomplete list of available iplayer programs

user-1159

Hi there,

This is my first post, so please be gentle with me. When I list all available programs on iplayer by typing get_iplayer, I get an incomplete list. The only programs listed are those whose titles begin with the letter 'T' or after. In other words, programs whose titles begin with a letter before 'T' don't get shown so I can't find their index number to download them. Any suggestions?

user-30

Probably because your terminal programme only saves a certain number of lines, so it truncates the output. You can increase this in the preferences (probably) for that particular programme or you could head to the guides section here on this site where there are walkthrough's on how to search by name etc.

user-1159

Thanks for the reply. I can search by the name of a program but I'd like a complete list of what's available to see what interests me. Is this possible?

user-585

To work out what you want, you would probably do better to look on iPlayer first.

The full list of cached programmes is very long and only covers what has been broadcast over the last 7 days but iPlayer goes back 30.

user-1162

If you still want a list of the cache in spite of the 7 day limitation mentioned by TVFan, you can always pipe the output to a text file, e.g.

get_iplayer > ListFromCache.txt

of course you can pipe to a file of any name you want, though if there are spaces in the name you will need to place the name and the extension inside quotes. E.G. "List From Cache.txt"

Note: if you want to append a new list to an existing file then use >> instead of > as just the single > will overwrite the files contents.

The above is explicitly for Windows but Linux has the exact same feature and IIRC, been a long time, works exactly as above.

These forums are archived

See this post for further info