These forums are archived

See this post for further info

get_iplayer forums

Forum archived. Posting disabled.

search not picking up all Afternoon drama using web PVR manager

user-1126

I am trying to record all Afternoon Drama series on Radio 4

If I try and search "Afternoon drama" I only get one episode whereas on the BBC iplayer there are nine available.
Is this because of the way the BBC site now has structured the series or an issue with get_player

Also querry - when I select that one instance as a series record I see under the PVR list that the   is set to

_Afternoon_Drama_National_Velvet_name_radio

Does this mean that only the play National Velvet will record? and should I change that entry to

_Afternoon_Drama_name_radio

Many thanks in anticipation.

Andy Dawson

user-2

The other episodes of Afternoon Drama are too old to be indexed by get_iplayer.  Read:

https://github.com/get-iplayer/get_iplay...i/faq#faq1

This will be improved a bit in the next release.

The name of the pvr job doesn't matter, though it should reflect the contents. You would also need to change the value of the search0 field to the desired value.

user-1126

many thanks for reply. I didnt find that FAQ when search the forum.

user-30

Not your fault, I need to add that FAQ info from the GitHub wiki here, I just haven't had time to sit down and do it yet.

Similar info can be gleaned from the various release notes if you have a read through those (available in the Wiki section)., but I do need to update the FAQ page here.

user-585

The 5th bullet point in that FAQ could do with some editing to remove the mention of series catch-up which no longer exists.

user-30

Will do.

Incidentally, the source for this site is on GitHub (including content), so if you ever want to quickly let me know something is wrong/needs changing you can drop me an email or even propose changes over there:

https://github.com/PuffinBlue/squarepenguin

This thread obviously works for the FAQ but if there's other stuff now or in the future, just let me know.

These forums are archived

See this post for further info