These forums are archived

See this post for further info

get_iplayer forums

Forum archived. Posting disabled.

Can't fork error

user-1080

Occasionally getting this error.

I only operate it via the web interface. :)

Code:
ERROR:
DEBUG: get_iplayer options: "hide=0" "fields=name" "refreshfuture=0" "versionlist=default" "history=0" "type=tv" "thumb=0" "future=0" "skipdeleted=0" "modes=default" "force=0" "search=.*" "subtitles=0" "nopurge=1" "listformat=ENTRY|<index>|<thumbnail>|<pid>|<available>|<type>|<name>|<episode>|<versions>|<duration>|<desc>|<channel>|<categories>|<timeadded>|<guidance>|<web>|<seriesnum>|<episodenum>|<filename>|<mode>" "page=1" "pagesize=20" "sortmatches=index"
DEBUG: Command: "c:\get_iplayer\\get_iplayer.cmd" --encoding-locale=UTF-8 --encoding-console-out=UTF-8 --nocopyright --expiry=999999999 --webrequest "hide%3D0?fields%3Dname?refreshfuture%3D0?versionlist%3Ddefault?history%3D0?type%3Dtv?thumb%3D0?future%3D0?skipdeleted%3D0?modes%3Ddefault?force%3D0?search%3D.%2A?subtitles%3D0?nopurge%3D1?listformat%3DENTRY%7C%3Cindex%3E%7C%3Cthumbnail%3E%7C%3Cpid%3E%7C%3Cavailable%3E%7C%3Ctype%3E%7C%3Cname%3E%7C%3Cepisode%3E%7C%3Cversions%3E%7C%3Cduration%3E%7C%3Cdesc%3E%7C%3Cchannel%3E%7C%3Ccategories%3E%7C%3Ctimeadded%3E%7C%3Cguidance%3E%7C%3Cweb%3E%7C%3Cseriesnum%3E%7C%3Cepisodenum%3E%7C%3Cfilename%3E%7C%3Cmode%3E?page%3D1?pagesize%3D20?sortmatches%3Dindex"
Cannot fork at c:\get_iplayer\\get_iplayer.cgi line 328.

Using get_iplayer Web PVR Manager v2.94, on Windows 10 Pro and Chrome Version 46.0.2490.80 m

Any clues to what I can do?

user-2

This is a known limitation with Windows. After extended use, the web pvr encounters a resource limit of some kind. If it interferes with pvr recording, use Task Scheduler with the get_iplayer CLI instead. You can still create the pvr jobs in web pvr - just don't run the pvr list there. Otherwise, there is nothing you can do except restart the web pvr (or get a new operating system).

user-832

I only ever see this error if I've been looking through many pages of search results and never from running the PVR to download programmes. Running Windows 7 64 bit.

If the error occurs I simply close GIP's command window and run the web PVR again, closing the new browser tab it opens and carry on from where the error occurred with no problem.

user-2

As I said - "extended use". Every search requires a fork(), while running the pvr list actually only requires one fork(). But, you don't want that to be the one that hits "cannot fork" when running unattended.

These forums are archived

See this post for further info