get_iplayer forums

Forum archived. Posting disabled.

Unable To Download TV

user-845

get_iplayer Output:

INFO: 1 Matching Programmes
WARNING: The 'default' programme version could not be determined
WARNING: No programme versions found
WARNING: You may receive this message if you are using get_iplayer outside the UK

Getting the above error message when trying to download TV.  Used to work fine, haven't used it in a while (two months?).  Radio still downloads fine.

Using v2.94 on WIN 10.

Any thoughts?

Thanks,
thwartme

user-30

All TV? Specific show? Exact command you are using?

user-845

get_iplayer Output:

C:\Program Files (x86)\get_iplayer>get_iplayer 1497 --get --tvmode=flashhd
get_iplayer v2.94, Copyright (C) 2008-2010 Phil Lewis
 This program comes with ABSOLUTELY NO WARRANTY; for details use --warranty.
 This is free software, and you are welcome to redistribute it under certain
 conditions; use --conditions for details.

Matches:
1497:   University Challenge: Series 15 - Episode 15, BBC Two England, , default

INFO: 1 Matching Programmes
WARNING: The 'default' programme version could not be determined
WARNING: No programme versions found
WARNING: You may receive this message if you are using get_iplayer outside the UK

Tried a couple of other shows just to see.  Get the same message for everything.

Thanks,
thwartme

Sorry, should have said... I have also tried without the "--tvmode=flashhd" as well.  No difference.

user-2

get_iplayer works fine for that programme.  Run the same command with --verbose and post the output as a .txt file attachment.

user-845

File attached.

It actually did something different this time.  Instead of the error I got above, it only downloaded a part of the video file, the first 20 or so seconds of the show.

Thanks very much for your time on this.

Thanks,
thwartme

user-2

Thanks for the log, but next time don't cut off the beginning. We'll decide what is relevant.  The log shows that the connection to the media server was dropped somewhere upstream.  No way to know where, and there is nothing get_iplayer can do about it.  Try --modes=hls for default video quality as in your example or --modes=hlsbest for HD.

EDIT: --modes=hlsbest for HD

user-845

Thanks for your help. Not sure what the problem was yesterday, but yes today seems to be a connection issue. I have now successfully downloaded the show, although it was very slow.

As for the log. I did CTRL A for select all, CTRL C to copy, and pasted into Notepad. I didn't cut anything off, that's all I got.

Thanks,
thwartme

user-2

For logs, google for instructions on how to capture program standard output and standard error streams to file on Windows. Otherwise, you may find the the size of the history buffer (or whatever it's called) in command window properties is too small.

user-845

I'm having the same problem again, getting the error message that I got in the first post.  'verbose' log attached.

Do you have any suggestions, please?

Thanks,
thwartme

user-2

The error message says it all. It would seem the BBC have rumbled whatever mechanism you're using to get around their geo-blocking. We can't help you with that.

user-845

Well darn. Okay, thanks.

These forums are archived

See this post for further info