These forums are archived

See this post for further info

get_iplayer forums

Forum archived. Posting disabled.

30 day programme list

user-1064

I use a straightforward command such as get_iplayer --type=radio > current_date.txt to give me a list of currently available programmes on iplayer (in this example on radio). However, this and similar commands only seem to give me programmes for the last 7 days, whereas they are now available for the last 30 days. How can I alter this command to give me the full 30 day list?

user-585

Anything over 7 days old needs to be downloaded by PID. The feeds get_iplayer uses to build the cache only hold info about programmes from the last 7 days. The option to build a 30 day cache over the course of a few weeks may be available soon https://github.com/get-iplayer/get_iplayer/issues/195

user-1064

Thanks for the answer. I was able to download an item about 3 weeks old by using the PID. You just need to bring the programme up on the BBC web site to obtain this. It would be nice to to have the 30 day cache but I suppose in the meantime I will just have to remember to produce make a list every week, so then (after the first month) I will always have details for the last 30 days.

Late addition - I have followed the link you provided and it has been closed with a new link which says there is now a 30 day cache. I still haven't quite worked out how to produce a complete programme listing from this, but I'll probably work it out eventually.

user-585

The 30 day option isn't available in the current version of get_iplayer. It will be available in the next release.

user-933

If you want to record a whole series you can go to the series home page and get the pid from there. Then use get_iplayer --type radio --pid-recursive --pid xxxxxxx

These forums are archived

See this post for further info