These forums are archived

See this post for further info

get_iplayer forums

Forum archived. Posting disabled.

Add Repository

user-1040

Hi, I've been trying to keep my Mint installation up to date by adding the get_iplayer repository to my system.

The problem is that when I enter "sudo apt-add-repository ppa:jon-hedgerows/get-iplayer" it returns with "Adding PPAs is not supported".

Can anyone please let me know what I'm doing wrong??

Thanks loads
Martin

user-30

It's possible you have a case of 'didn't read the instructions or error message-itis'.

Are you sure that is the extent of the error message? It doesn't give you any other instructions at all? Nothing?

If you read the installation instructions here:

https://squarepenguin.co.uk/wiki/ubuntu/...player-ppa

You'll see that under 1. you may need to install the relevant software packages that actually allow you to add a PPA to your system.

If you have read ALL of the text there in that black box and have installed the relevant software packages and it still doesn't work then please come back and post the entire error message that you are receiving.

user-2

You also didn't say which Mint edition you're using.  The Debian edition doesn't support Ubuntu PPAs.  If you are using LMDE, do as you should always do first and google the error message, where you'll find some more information and a possible workaround.

user-1040

Yes, you are right, I am using the LMDE, I didn't realise that LMDE could not use the Ubuntu PPAs.

I'll get googling and see what I can find!!!!

If it doesn't make any sense, I'll get back to the forum.

If it works for me, I'll post what I did.

Thanks
Martin

These forums are archived

See this post for further info