These forums are archived

See this post for further info

get_iplayer forums

Forum archived. Posting disabled.

Unable to download via Run PVR in Web PVR Manager

user-719

Hi, I don't understand half of this stuff so forgive my layman's terms. I'm in the UK and using the most recent Windows version with the GUI (graphical user interface, as opposed to command line).

I haven't been able to get any downloads for about a week via the Run PVR option. I changed the Recording Quality in the GUI to "hlsbest" as mentioned in another thread but that has no effect.

I can download using the "Best" option but not using "Run PVR". I can search the BBC site for a programme, and paste the URL into the "Quick URL" box and hit Record and it works. Alternatively, I can search for a Name in the Get_iPlayer GUI search box (such as "Horizon") which gives 7 programmes available, tick each box, press Record, and it downloads all seven.

For now, I'll search for each of my PVR List programmes in turn and download that way. It's slow, but it works. Looking forwards to it working properly again, or a fix. Thanks.

user-2

We're not going to get very far if you don't at least tell us what output you get (both in the browser and in the web pvr server console window) when you hit Run PVR. This is only happening to you, so don't assume get_iplayer isn't working properly or is in need of a fix. If there is a problem, you need to a) demonstrate it by posting all output/error messages as a .txt file attachment; b) give us a way to reproduce it by posting the complete contents of the pvr job that fails.

user-719

I sincerely apologise. I thought I had replied to an existing thread, and was trying to add my experience to an existing discussion. I didn't want to hijack the thread by adding my my output text, but I will do next time.

The odd thing is, Get_iPlayer is now working. Last night, and a couple of times during the week, it appeared that there were no programmes to download; the GUI did not give an error, it just looked like there were no programmes. However, searching on the BBC website showed now programmes and downloading using the URL method had worked. The only thing that appears different is that my Recording Mode is now set to Best where it was originally Default. I did try it in Best yesterday but it didn't work.

Once again, sorry for not including output text in my original post, I will do next time.

Thanks.

user-2

Glad to hear it's working. Unless you can clearly link your post to previous posts in a thread, always assume your problem is unique and create a new thread. Why I split into a new thread: a) The thread to which you posted was started by someone claiming they couldn't download HD, which you stated you could do - just not via Run PVR; b) The original thread made no mention of the web pvr, which you mentioned specifically that you are using; c) That thread had been added to by someone complaining (in veiled fashion) about not being able to access programmes from outside the UK.  You specifically said you were in the UK, so again, an unrelated issue.

EDIT: user says s/he refreshed cache.

user-719

Right, All understood, thanks.

Cache is set to refresh automatically before searching for matches in the PVR list. I also refreshed manually to troubleshoot. I even rebooted :-) Anyway, seems to be working now, was very odd.

Thanks for all your work.

These forums are archived

See this post for further info