These forums are archived

See this post for further info

get_iplayer forums

Forum archived. Posting disabled.

Your version of rtmpdump/flvstreamer does not support SWF Verification

user-1014

Hi, folks,

I've used get_iplayer for several years; very few problems but, since yesterday, I am getting "Your version of rtmpdump/flvstreamer does not support SWF Verification" errors.

The command line, called from a batch file, was:

get_iplayer --pid=b0695t56 --tvmode=best --subtitles --file-prefix="<name>-<episode>-<longname>-<version>-<pid>"

this type of command worked perfectly until early yesterday, now leads to the error file attached.

I did a fresh install of get_iplayer and tried again - same result. Tried an updated version of RTMP - again no improvement. All this under Windows 7 Professional; Win 10 will have to settle for at least a year before I'll even consider it.

Last time there were problems with SWF verification, if I remember correctly, the dear BBC had changed the url for that function - all we had to do was patch in the change. This time I'm not so sure but it seems a little unfair to blame RTMP when we know it does support SWF verification.

Any help would be much appreciated.

error.txt

user-1014

I have to hang my head in shame; all my fault as it appears I had made an inadvertent change to the system PATH variable, for unconnected reasons, in an unforgiving way!!!

Have now restored that environment and all works fine.

Sorry if I woke anybody up.

Best,  smudger.

These forums are archived

See this post for further info