These forums are archived

See this post for further info

get_iplayer forums

Forum archived. Posting disabled.

podcast feed is not downloading

user-21

I noticed today that the podcast feed is not downloading. I upgraded to windows 10 yesterday so it may be a consequence of that or it may just be a problem with the podcast feed. Does anyone else have a problem.
edit:
I have tried on a laptop with windows 7 and it still does not download

user-585

The podcast feed of what?

I've just tried the podcast of the Archers and that downloaded fine for me.

user-21

(12-08-2015, 12:06 PM)The podcast feed of what?

I've just tried the podcast of the Archers and that downloaded fine for me.
the whole podcaste cache

this is all my podcaste.cache file contains, just the headers and no program info at all
Code:
#index|type|name|pid|available|episode|seriesnum|episodenum|versions|duration|desc|channel|categories|thumbnail|timeadded|guidance|web

user-2

When the BBC made changes to their podcasts a while back, they redirected all the relevant URLs.  Those redirects now appear to be broken, so get_iplayer can't find the master podcast index or the individual podcast feeds.  It's not entirely clear to me if this is due to cock-up or conspiracy.  I suspect the former since the alternative explanation is that they have intentionally broken every podcast subscription using the old feed URLs.  I have a hard time believing that BBC budget cuts extend to URL redirection.

user-21

do you think it is likely to be fixed or is that it for podcasts and GIP? as far as I have noticed this only started today, my last podcast downloaded ok on sunday.

I guess most of them can be found on various radio channels although not all

user-2

Like I said, it looks like a screw-up to me, but they may very well have blown up podcasts for some unfathomable reason. If they have, it would be possible - albeit a PITA - to re-implement podcast functionality in get_iplayer using a different method.  I'm not sure it would be worth it, though.  get_iplayer is a very poor podcast client.  Besides, with the recent BBC changes, all podcasts can be downloaded by get_iplayer just like any other archived radio programme.  And as you say, you can just download them directly from the web site as well.

user-109

Podcasts now seem to be working again so looks like it was a cock-up by somebody

user-2

Thanks for the update. It does appear that normal service has been restored.

These forums are archived

See this post for further info