These forums are archived

See this post for further info

get_iplayer forums

Forum archived. Posting disabled.

Unable to get subdir to work

user-988

First of all, thanks to the authors for some great work on this code. It's great to find something like get_iplayer.

I've been trying for a while to setup get_iplayer MPV to download programs into separate directories. I've read everything I can find here on the forums and tried many different variations of the command but so far have been unsuccessful.

I'm running Windows 7 Pro, all media files are stored on a NAS which is mapped locally as S: and that's where I'd like get_iplayer to download directly to, into a folder named for the series or program. My most recent attempt has been to run the following from the command line

get_iplayer --prefs-add --outputtv="S:\" --subdir --subdir-format="<nameshort><-seriesnum>"

And I've tried multiple variations on this, such as removing the "\", etc. but every time I run the PVR, it results in an error that the subdirectory cannot be created, or that the parameters are incorrect.

The only thing that has been successful was on the initial setup, when I had all downloads going into an already exisitng folder called BBC. I could see that that was a result of the options file in C:\Program Data being set to 'output S:\BBC', so I've reverted back to that configuration, but it's not ideal.
What am I doing wrong?

Thanks.

user-2

For the --outputtv option either remove the quotes ( --outputtv=S:\ ) or escape the backslash ( --outputtv="S:\\" )

user-988

That got it. Thanks

These forums are archived

See this post for further info