These forums are archived

See this post for further info

get_iplayer forums

Forum archived. Posting disabled.

check for file before search

user-764

hi all,

i'm wondering if there is an option for get_iplayer which will check for the existence of the downloaded file, before it scans the website for what versions/formats are available?

the script i am running does a broad search for new episodes, and there seems to be a 30 second window before it works out that the file already exists.

in case it is relevant, i rename all my files through iplayer, but the naming convention does not have anything quality related in it.

i also use -force option, as i lost a big part of my downloaded library so there are episodes in the history which i need to get again.

cheers,

dave

user-2

(17-07-2015, 11:15 PM)i'm wondering if there is an option for get_iplayer which will check for the existence of the downloaded file, before it scans the website for what versions/formats are available?

No. get_iplayer has to retrieve the programme information before it can formulate the output filename.

user-764

(18-07-2015, 12:19 AM)user-2 Wrote: [ -> ]
(17-07-2015, 11:15 PM)i'm wondering if there is an option for get_iplayer which will check for the existence of the downloaded file, before it scans the website for what versions/formats are available?

No.  get_iplayer has to retrieve the programme information before it can formulate the output filename.

ok, good to know. is there a way that i can create logs with timestamps so i can see where the delays are occurring and then tweak my search options?

user-2

(18-07-2015, 12:37 AM)ok, good to know. is there a way that i can create logs with timestamps so i can see where the delays are occurring and then tweak my search options?

No.  You can use --verbose, which will help you spot whether the slowdown is in the search (e.g., criteria too complicated) or in retrieving metadata (e.g., upstream connection too slow).

user-764

(18-07-2015, 12:50 AM)user-2 Wrote: [ -> ]
(18-07-2015, 12:37 AM)ok, good to know. is there a way that i can create logs with timestamps so i can see where the delays are occurring and then tweak my search options?

No.  You can use --verbose, which will help you spot whether the slowdown is in the search (e.g., criteria too complicated) or in retrieving metadata (e.g., upstream connection too slow).

Thanks for your help, much appreciated

These forums are archived

See this post for further info