These forums are archived

See this post for further info

get_iplayer forums

Forum archived. Posting disabled.

10060 (Unknown error)

user-943

Any help on the below error is appreciated. Using 2.94 on a WINDOWS PC RUNNING 8.1

RTMP_Connect0, failed to connect socket. 10060 (Unknown error)

user-1261

I kept getting this error too for just one episode of a radio series. All the others downloaded fine. I could even listen to it on the web but get_iplayer gave this error.

ERROR: RTMP_Connect0, failed to connect socket. 10060 (Unknown error)
INFO: Command exit code 3 (raw code = 768)

This is how I got around it.
After a bit of mucking about I set the "Recording Modes
(set to best for HD TV)" box from "best" to "hlsaacstd" then pressed "Apply settings" to temporarily change them.
I then searched for the wanted episode. Clicked the required tick box and pressed "Record".

Bingo! I hope it works for you too.

user-1261

Ive had lots more problems myself in the last few days. I keep getting the same error.
It seems to me that the various media streams are being misidentified by the iplayer website.

The program episode below will not download when using "best" but will with "hlshd". hlshd is a live tv mode see https://squarepenguin.co.uk/wiki/modes/ for more info.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/iplayer/episode/b07...p=p02q32xl

Here is the start of the returned error report.

INFO: 1 Matching Programmes
INFO: Checking existence of default version
INFO: flashhd1,flashvhigh1,flashvhigh2,flashhigh1,flashhigh2,flashstd1,flashstd2,flashlow1,flashlow2 modes will be tried for version default
INFO: Trying flashhd1 mode to record tv: Undercover - 3. Episode 3
INFO: File name prefix = Undercover_-_3._Episode_3_b078c2f0_default
INFO: Downloading Subtitles to 'C:\Users\Desktop\iPlayer Recordings/Undercover_-_3._Episode_3_b078c2f0_default.srt'
ERROR: RTMP_Connect0, failed to connect socket. 10060 (Unknown error)
INFO: Command exit code 3 (raw code = 768)
WARNING: Failed to stream file C:\Users\Desktop\iPlayer Recordings\Undercover_-_3._Episode_3_b078c2f0_default.partial.mp4.flv via RTMP
INFO: skipping flashhd1 mode
INFO: Trying flashvhigh1 mode to record tv: Undercover - 3. Episode 3.............

get_iplayer then carries on checking all the other usual modes and eventually gives up

Just use a bit of common sense to try other modes to see which one may prove sucessful getting the stream you want. I hope this helps others!

These forums are archived

See this post for further info