These forums are archived

See this post for further info

get_iplayer forums

Forum archived. Posting disabled.

Newest installer update download during installing problem

user-72

I've been using get_iplayer for a year now (Last installed time was 2012) but mostly for radios.
I've been trying to deal with a TV clip recently so I've installed the newest version.
But during installing process, when it comes to downloading get_iplayer.pl part and all the parts after this there is connection problem.
It shows a window "Download of get_iplayer failed: Send Request Error, Do you wish to try again?"
I am not really sure what problem I am facing, I am not at UK, could this be an area restrict problem??
But my past install was fine and worked fine.

user-30

Are there any similarities with this issue:

/topic/cant-connect/

Did you obtain the installer from the link available on this site here:

https://squarepenguin.co.uk/guides/windo...all-guide/

user-2

It is not an area restriction. The various installer components are retrieved from different locations not in the UK, and since they all fail to download for you, that suggests the culprit must be on your machine. A first guess would be that you have a third-party firewall, anti-virus, content filter, security application or something similar that is interfering with network access for the installer. Ring any bells?

user-72

Thank you so much user-2, my problem was the anti virus software on my computer.
I've tried 2 different computers back home, the 2012 older installer stored in hard drive worked but not the current one.
So I've been thinking if it happened to be area problem, now I figured out where really went wrong. :)

These forums are archived

See this post for further info