These forums are archived

See this post for further info

get_iplayer forums

Forum archived. Posting disabled.

BBC Streaming

user-910

You may already know about it (I see some posts relating to get_iplayer in the thread), but just in case this post and the rar file of strm files linked from it may be of interest. The thread is about the Kodi iPlayer add-on, which of course is also currently broken by the nuking.

I just tried them, and they still seem to work (using VLC). So there may be perhaps something in them that could be used to get streaming working again?

Hope it's of some help anyway, and thanks for your fast response to all this - looking forward to the next version to cure the "not a SCALAR reference" issue breaking downloads at the moment.

user-2

Thanks, but unfortunately that is of no help to get_iplayer. The streams weren't removed - the metadata pointing to the streams was removed. Live streaming should be restored in next release, though.

user-910

OK. Just thought it worth bringing to your attention just in case it was of any help.

Good news about the possible restoration and thanks again for all your hard work on all this (and get_iplayer generally).

user-910

Again it may help or maybe completely irrelevant, but there's a Kodi add-on for iPlayer catalogue access which does allow viewing/sorting of the iPlayer archive by category. It's one thing I really do miss since the recent changes (was always nice to see if any new films for download were available via --category=film without having to open a browser and go look on the website, and also to set the PVR to download anything in category=scifi) and would love to have back.

The link to the add-on is here, the main code of it is written in Python (the default.py file).

These forums are archived

See this post for further info