These forums are archived

See this post for further info

get_iplayer forums

Forum archived. Posting disabled.

Bookmark a search?

user-70

I would like to build a complex search in the get_iplayer CGI that matches the kind of stuff I want to watch and then bookmark it so with a single click I can see if anything I want to watch is available.

Just to be clear, I don't actually want to record everything that matches this search so "Add search to" is not the solution. Maybe there is a way to do this that I just haven't found, google or otherwise.

Thanks,

Jeff

user-2

That is what presets are for:

https://squarepenguin.co.uk/wiki/documen...-shortcuts

As you've seen, there is no support for presets in the Web PVR. Presets are just bundles of preferences, and the Web PVR Manager wasn't designed to integrate with the CLI preferences (the clue is in the name). It's something of a mishmash - see the Web PVR Help for info. What you're asking for seems possible, but it would first require a general integration of CLI preferences, with preset support added on top of that.

To be honest, this would be at the very bottom of my to-do list, so it's not something I'll implement in the foreseeable future. If you or someone else implements this feature, I'll be happy to review and merge it.

user-70

No problem. Actually, a little digging allowed me to find the solution. I looked at the post data used by the search form and just converted it to a get request. Ex:

Code:
/iplayer?ACTION=search&SEARCHFIELDS=name,episode,desc&SEARCH=Whatever

Solved!

The

Code:
Whatever
parameter above can contain similar syntax to the search box. For example to search for
Code:
Whatever
or
Code:
Show 1
simply change the URL to:

Code:
/iplayer?ACTION=search&SEARCHFIELDS=name,episode,desc&SEARCH=Whatever|Show%201

...where
Code:
%20
is the encoded space character.

Pretty easy to build (and bookmark) a favorite search URL.

user-2

Good one, and very simple. I completely forgot that the post data is dumped in the server log. I think I missed the forest for the trees there.

These forums are archived

See this post for further info