These forums are archived

See this post for further info

get_iplayer forums

Forum archived. Posting disabled.

Missing Episode Number (for me, anyway)

user-621

Although get_iplayer is generally working well for me, there is one problem that I hope someone could help me with.

If I download many programmes, although the episode number appears correctly in the file name, it no longer appears in the metadata. This means when I play the programme with VLC on my laptop or on my Western Digital media player I just get the episode name, without the number. This isn't really a problem on the laptop as I select the episode I want to watch using Windows Explorer, which displays the episode number as part of the filename. But with my WD media player I can have several episodes with no indication of which episode is which.

For example, I have just downloaded:

Jonathan_Strange__Mr_Norrell_-_1._The_Friends_of_English_Magic.mp4

No probs on the laptop knowing which episode this is, but on my media player all I see is "The Friends of English Magic".

Is there a switch I need to include in the get_iplayer --gget command string? Or is this a change that has been made to the programme?

Thanks and regards

Turbo

user-2

See tagging options in Options page in wiki. The switch you seek can be found there.

user-621

Thank you, I have it working fine now.

Unfortunately I have quite a few programmes which are no longer on iPlayer, and which lack the episode number. Are you aware of a Windows programme that will enable me to edit the metadata?

Turbo

user-2

Mp3tag, among others. Despite the name, it can edit MP4 metadata. Or you can just edit the title in Explorer (Right-Click->Properties->Details)

These forums are archived

See this post for further info