These forums are archived

See this post for further info

get_iplayer forums

Forum archived. Posting disabled.

Do you wish to delete them now?

user-541

Hello! Just upgraded to most recent version and everything was straightforward thanks to your guide. Thank you. In a world where straightforwardness does not prevail, this is very appreciated.

I've tried poking around for an answer to what seems like a basic question, but failed so far.

When running get_iplayer, after my download or refresh or search for programmes (which all work fine), a list of programmes which I've previously downloaded is generated, preceded by "These programmes should be deleted:" and followed by "Do you wish to delete them now (Yes/No) ?", to which I always answer "no".

The programmes that I'm downloading are programmes I'd like to keep.

What are my options? Can I just keep on answering "no" without any dire consequences? Is there some best practice here?

Thanks!

../mosaica

user-541

Hi there,

I'd still appreciate some guidance regarding my question above, either here in the forum or via private message.

Thanks,

../mosaica

user-2

The reason get_iplayer prompts you is because the decision is entirely yours. Inasmuch as they pay attention to such things, the BBC doesn't want you to use get_iplayer at all. Consider also that their download app only permits you to keep programmes for 30 days. You must decide for yourself whether to keep downloads from get_iplayer. There is no "best practice", and nobody here can tell you what to do.

user-541

Okay, thanks.

These forums are archived

See this post for further info