These forums are archived

See this post for further info

get_iplayer forums

Forum archived. Posting disabled.

HD programs fail to download

user-860

Evening all,
I don't know whether the developers of Get iPlayer Automator will consider this a problem as I can still download programs in (flashvhigh) quality. But, as the title suggests, recently I have been unable to download any programs in (flashHD) quality. Programs will, randomly, either start to download in (flashHD) quality then stop and are un-resumable. Or, the program will refuse to download unless I exclude HD from the quality selection in the Formats preferences.
I first noticed this when I was downloading the BBC series Spiral and Wolf Hall. I managed to get the first 7 of 12 episodes of Spiral in HD and the first 2 of Wolf Hall.

I don't know if there is a simple solution to this or even if you consider it a problem, but I thought it might be worth bringing up here.

user-2

Normally I would tell to you to report Get iPlayer Automator problems in its issue tracker - we don't support it here. But in this case you needn't bother. This issue has been reported several times. See:

https://github.com/GetiPlayerAutomator/g...issues/467

user-860

Thanks for your speedy response and sorry for bothering you here, I presumed this was the place for all things to do with Get iPlayer with or without UI.

user-860

Thought I should give you a quick update. I just managed to download "Banished" from the BBC in HD quality. Same set up, same location for downloading. There were no stoppages, the file DL'ed in one go. Yay!

These forums are archived

See this post for further info