These forums are archived

See this post for further info

get_iplayer forums

Forum archived. Posting disabled.

ERROR: Closing connection: NetStream.Failed

user-845

Hello,

Trying to download yesterdays (Feb 2nd) episodes of Only Connect and University Challenge, and I get the error "ERROR: Closing connection: NetStream.Failed".  Full text below.

Any advice?

Quote:C:\Program Files (x86)\get_iplayer>get_iplayer 1044 --get --tvmode=flashhd
get_iplayer v2.91, Copyright (C) 2008-2010 Phil Lewis
 This program comes with ABSOLUTELY NO WARRANTY; for details use --warranty.
 This is free software, and you are welcome to redistribute it under certain
 conditions; use --conditions for details.

Matches:
1044:   Only Connect: Series 10 - 20. QI Elves v Coders, BBC Two, Entertainment,
Games & Quizzes, default

INFO: 1 Matching Programmes
INFO: Checking existence of default version
INFO: flashhd1,flashhd2 modes will be tried for version default
INFO: Trying flashhd1 mode to record tv: Only Connect: Series 10 - 20. QI Elves
v Coders
INFO: File name prefix = Only_Connect_Series_10_-_20._QI_Elves_v_Coders_b0522yyx
_default
RTMPDump v2.4
(c) 2010 Andrej Stepanchuk, Howard Chu, The Flvstreamer Team; license: GPL
Connecting ...
ERROR: RTMP_Connect0, failed to connect socket. 10061 (Unknown error)
INFO: Command exit code 3 (raw code = 768)
WARNING: Failed to stream file C:\Users\BillPoulin\Desktop\iPlayer Recordings\On
ly_Connect_Series_10_-_20._QI_Elves_v_Coders_b0522yyx_default.partial.mp4.flv vi
a RTMP
INFO: skipping flashhd1 mode
INFO: Trying flashhd2 mode to record tv: Only Connect: Series 10 - 20. QI Elves
v Coders
INFO: File name prefix = Only_Connect_Series_10_-_20._QI_Elves_v_Coders_b0522yyx
_default
RTMPDump v2.4
(c) 2010 Andrej Stepanchuk, Howard Chu, The Flvstreamer Team; license: GPL
Connecting ...
INFO: Connected...
ERROR: Closing connection: NetStream.Failed
INFO: Command exit code 1 (raw code = 256)
WARNING: Failed to stream file C:\Users\BillPoulin\Desktop\iPlayer Recordings\On
ly_Connect_Series_10_-_20._QI_Elves_v_Coders_b0522yyx_default.partial.mp4.flv vi
a RTMP
INFO: skipping flashhd2 mode
ERROR: Failed to record 'Only Connect: Series 10 - 20. QI Elves v Coders (b0522y
yx)'

C:\Program Files (x86)\get_iplayer>

Thanks,
thwartme

user-2

First failure was connection refused by server. Second failure could be the same thing, may be geo-blocking, but can't say from the info. CDNs now appear to be blocking and/or failing on HD download attempts from outside UK. Nothing get_iplayer can do about it, and nothing we can do to help.

user-845

Looks like it's some sort of intermittent connection thing. "Only Connect" suddenly came in, with no change in the commands I used. Stillhaven't mamaged "University Challenge", but I'll keep trying.

Thanks,
thwartme

user-573

The right answer is yours, Keymaster.

In this example
Only two servers are available for pc_streaming_hd

and

iplayertokfs.fplive.net appears to be damaged. On any PID!
Check it and you'll see.

****************** is geo-blocked.

user-845

Thanks to both of you for taking the time to respond.

Boa, if the one server is damaged, and is thus preventing me from downloading, is there some expectation that it might get fixed, and normal downloads would resume?

And, for geo-blocking... I already use a proxy service, which is why I can connect with these files at all. Do you know of any that would let me get around the geo blocking?

Thanks,
thwartme

user-573

Absolutely no expectations at all!

Of course I know.

Send an email to
[REMOVED]

user-573

I see so many people facing the same problem.
You can send me an email
Provide the following information

Operating system
(unable to give support to non-Windows users)

mode of get_iplayer
(PVR mode or command line mode)

your country, and (optional) the city.

describe the problem in detail. used commands for get_iplayer, type of proxy, episodes PIDs, ..
anything you think might be useful.

user-845

Thanks again for your help.

As it happens, I have stumbled across a solution that - for now at least - is working for me.

Thanks very much,
thwartme

user-850

Hi, I am having this same problem also and am wondering what the solution you have came across to this is.

user-573

As Tom & Jerry or Procter & Gamble once said,
There's nothing I won't do
[REMOVED]

user-622

I'd like to know the solution too, flashvhigh is sooooo boring ;)

user-543

Hello thwartme,

I am facing the same problem too and would really be interested in knowing what is the workaround?

Thank you.

user-845

I paid for a proxy service. US$10/month, and the BBC thinks I'm in Coventry, England. I can watch live streaming, and I can download from get_iplayer without encountering 'geo blocks'.

Thanks,
thwartme

user-845

(I posted this once already, and my post seems to have vanished. Sorry if you see this twice.)

I paid for a proxy service. US$10/month and the BBC thinks I'm in Coventry, England. I can watch live straming, and I can download from get_iplayer without encountering "geo blocks".

Thanks,
thwartme

user-2

Sorry @thwartme, no proxy/vpn swapping here. Your last post has been removed and thread is now closed.

These forums are archived

See this post for further info